DST NIDHI4COVID2.0 – Applications Invited Online
DST NIDHI4COVID2.0 – Applications Invited Online. National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB) Department of Science & Technology (DST) Government of India COVID-19 Call For Proposals. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This Call Expires In :
An Initiative By
National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB)
Department of Science & Technology (DST)
Government of India
NIDHI4COVID2.0 initiative has been specially devised as a rapid response to support startup driven solutions, which would be helpful in tackling the current challenging, second wave of Covid 2.0 in the country. NIDHI4COVID2.0 is a special drive of the National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India (GoI) for supporting indigenous solutions and innovative products which would enable our country to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic more strongly. This has been built based on NSTEDB’s past experience of implementing Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis (CAWACH) and also through special calls through National Initiative For Developing And Harnessing Innovations – Seed Support System (NIDHI – SSS) from Technology business incubators (TBI) to support Startups last year.
In the current situation too, startups can play a major role in bringing new technologies and products to the market, thus making our country stronger on various fronts against the ongoing war on COVID. Some of the startups already have promising technologies but need mentoring, financial and marketing support to go to the next level. Thus, DST’s attempt through this new initiative is to scout and support deserving startups with much-needed support to scale up their technologies, helping them reach the product deployment stage as fast as possible.
- The applicant startup must be a startup/company registered in India. The startup has a formal association with the incubator (Any central and state government supported incubators) in its resident or virtual incubation program would be preferred.
- If the applicant startup is a non-incubated one but shows promising technologies DST will try to connect them to existing programs for possible evaluation and support upon the committee’s recommendation
- Startups should be less than 10 years in existence.
- In case the startup has more than 10 years of existence, and the product has reached the commercialization stage, the company may approach Technology Development Board (TDB) for the needed funding support
- The startup having DPIIT recognition with Startup India would be preferred. In case the startup does not have DPIIT recognition while applying in the NIDHI4COVID 2.0 program, the startup may ensure to get DPIIT recognition as soon as possible.
- Founders of the applicant company should have at least 51% Indian shareholding and should be having a competent team in place, preferably with domain expertise.
- The applicant startup should have developed a clear product to market fit, customer discovery with clarity on intended customers and value propositions for its targeted customers.
- Preferably at a revenue stage or has raised funds earlier.
- Preferably to have already deployed or ready to deploy a product within a few weeks.
- Products requiring approval from competent authorities may share their plan of action and latest status.
- Innovative solutions at conceptual stage requiring funds for prototype development would be directed towards the NIDHI PRAYAS program in line with the program guidelines. Refer NIDHI PRAYAS website
- Key information and along with a list of documents to be submitted by the startup while filing the application form:
- Product working principles indicating the current product development stage and milestones to be achieved from the fund required.
- Business plan
- Endorsement from the applicant regarding incubation support/ affiliation from GoI / State-supported incubator.
- Certifications/approvals applied/pending or received.
- The following documents will be required from the startups by the implementing TBIs for during evaluation:
- Company Registration certificates (CoI, MoA, AoA)
- Shareholding pattern
- GST registration certificate
- KYC of promoters – Aadhar card and PAN Card
- Balance sheet (If applicable) and Bank account statement last 6 months
Thrust Area to be supported
|Relevant medical accessories||
Priority would be given to product/solution near-ready, ready for deployment or manufacturing scaleup or repurposing of existing products and services that can be quickly deployed
Startups whose technologies/products are of huge importance in our ongoing fight against COVID, after undergoing due evaluation process would be considered for Seed Support through DST supported network of TBIs. Financial and mentoring support would be offered to recommended promising startups for scaling up their products/technologies to the next level and speeding up their processes, helping them reach the product deployment stage as fast as possible.
Evaluation, Selection and Funding Process
Evaluation of the applications and selection of startups and funding will be in accordance with the well laid out process through a network of DST supported TBIs
Application Portal and Last Date of Application:
Applications are invited from eligible startups with promising solutions on the centralized portal https://dstnidhi4covid.in
The last date of application is
For any queries please email at [email protected]
Editor’s Note: DST NIDHI4COVID2.0 – Applications Invited Online. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.