NCCS Pune Jobs – Biological & Life Science Research Vacancies
NCCS Pune Jobs – Biological & Life Science Research Vacancies. Biological Science & Life sciences jobs for MSc candidates at NCCS. Life & Biological Sciences candidates apply for research fellow positions that are available at NCCS details given below:
This job expires in :
Advt. No. NCCS/Project Management Cell/P03/Online/2021
The applicants fulfilling the requirements and also suitable based on the essential qualification & desirable experience will certainly be shortlisted for an online interview. The list of shortlisted applicants for interview and also the details of the interview would certainly be shared with the institutional website tentatively during the last week of May 2021.
The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) is an autonomous institution of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, for a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and also as a nationwide repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The centre is located in the midst of an academically enriched environment of the University of Savitribai Phule Pune Campus, Pune. NCCS welcomes applications for the following posts on numerous extramural projects simply on a temporary basis.
Name of the Job: Project Associate I
No. of Posts: 03
Name of Project: “Genomic surveillance for SARS-CoV-2 in India: Indian SARS-CoV-2
Genomics consortium (INSACOG)”
Name of the PI: Dr Yogesh Shouche
Project Tenure: 3 Months 3 Days
Upper Age limit: 35 years.
Last Date of receipt of application: 12.05.2021
Name of the Job: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 01
Name of Project: “Anaerobic ammonia oxidising bacteria (Anammox) as potential source for treating ammonia rich waste: Diversity and technologies.”
Name of the PI: Dr Tushar Lodha
Project Tenure: 6 Months 14 Days
Upper Age limit: 28 years.
Last Date of receipt of application: 18.05.2021
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send the completed application by email to [email protected]. The last date of receipt of applications will be different as per the advertised positions.
- The completed application in the prescribed format is available below this advertisement (as word and PDF file)
- Mention “Serial Number & Name of Position” in the subject line of the email. You can apply for a maximum of three positions. If you are applying for more than one position, please send three separate emails with separate subject lines and attach all documents in all three emails.
- Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates, and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. as mentioned below, may be scanned and attached with the application format which is enclosed below the advertisement.
- In the email, the applicant must attach all self-attested scanned certificates in support of date of Birth, Educational Qualifications (Secondary School Certificate onwards), Work Experience (on respective letterheads wherever they have worked, signed and dated by the authorized person), Details of the Exams passed (Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2), degree, Post-graduate degree, PhD, and other if any), Caste Certificate if any. Originals Scanned copies of NET/GATE/National Level
examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, USER, etc and other relevant documents must be attached. The direct contact number should be included in the applications.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates must produce proof of their caste certificate from an appropriate authority. In addition, OBC candidates must also produce latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form for claiming the reservation benefits.
- The applications will be summarily rejected in absence of these certificates or any requested information, wherever applicable. There will not be any further communication in this regard from us.
- There should be a single PDF file of all documents including the
A list of shortlisted candidates for the interview selection process with details of date, time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
- In case if shortlisted for interview and upon successful selection, the applicant must bring all the original certificates in support of date of Birth, Educational Qualifications, Work Experience, Details of the Exams passed (Secondary School Certificate onwards), Caste Certificate, if any and other relevant documents, at the time of joining for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies. An Offer letter would be valid subject to verification of your certificates with the original documents only, within one month of the issue of the Offer letter.
- The Director, NCCS reserves the right to enhance/reduce the number of posts and also cancel the recruitment process.
- Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening process if required.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for an online interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for online interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable.
- Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large & it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the screening committee, the project investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration of qualifications and desirable experience over and above the minimum prescribed, in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this matter.
- 5% Marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates, over the prescribed percentage in the respective post.
- The above-advertised positions are filled up purely on a temporary basis for the limited time period on the extramural projects funded by DBT/DST/CSIR/ICMR/SERB etc./Government and private organizations. The position will automatically co-terminus on the completion of the project tenure. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in funding agency or in NCCS, Pune.
- Fellowship/Emoluments: Emoluments to the research personnel engaged under the project will be made in accordance with the sanction order or latest DST O.M whichever the case may be.
- The age limit will be considered as on the closing date of receipt of application. Age relaxation of 5 years in case of Women/SC/ST/PH candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates will be given as per Government of India rules. Reservation as per the Govt. of India norms will be followed.
- Age & Experience will be relaxed in exceptional cases by the Competent Authority.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
- The posts advertised shall be need-based without any commitment for its filling.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty within one month of the receipt of the offer of appointment.
- Lower positions will be offered if candidates are not found suitable for the above-advertised positions.
A) Please download and use the Bio-data Format
For Post I
Total Monthly Emoluments:
(i) Rs. 31000/- + HRA to scholars that are chosen with
a. National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE.
b. A selection process with National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and also Institutions.
(ii) Rs. 25000/- + HRA for others that do not fall under (i) above.
Essential Qualification & Experience: Master’s Degree in Natural or Agricultural sciences/ MVSc or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience: Experience in RNA extraction, sample preparation for NGS platform/ analysis of sequence data, working with infectious agents will be desirable.
For Post II
Monthly Emoluments: Rs. 31000/- plus 24 percent HRA
Essential Qualification & Experience: Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate/ Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following & should have 2 years of research experience.
A. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIRUGC
NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
B. The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience: Experience working on the cultivation of anaerobic bacteria as well as NGS.
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: NCCS Pune Jobs – Biological & Life Science Research Vacancies. NCCS Pune Jobs Latest. NCCS Pune Jobs 2021. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.