Israel Government Scholarship 2021-2022 – Biotechnology & Biology
The notification for the Israel Government Scholarship 2021-2022 – Biotechnology & Biology has been announced. Eligible candidates can check out all of the details on the Israel Government Scholarship 2021-22 for Biotechnology and Biology given below:
This job expires in :
F. No. 12-1/2021-ES.4
Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
(Department of Higher Education)
ISRAEL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS 2021-22
Online applications are invited under Israel Government Scholarship 2021-22. 02
scholarships is for a duration of 8 months, to undertake research/specialization, from the
universities which are approved by the Israeli Council for Higher Education and 02 (two
short term (summer school) scholarships for the students seeking to study Hebrew.
Link for online application: http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship
(Note: Only online application is invited. However, candidates are also required to send a hardcopy of their application along with supporting documents to the Under Secretary (Scholarships), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, 2nd Floor, Wing-6, West Block – 1, R. K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066 should be delivered latest by 30 March 2021).
Number of Scholarships award: 04 [including two short terms (summer school)
scholarships for pursuing Hebrew language & literature].
Applications are invited for the following subjects:
- Candidates who have a letter of acceptance from the supervisor/Israeli university is only eligible to apply.
- Age: Applicant must be under the age of 35 at the beginning of the Academic Year (i.e. 1st October 2021)
Qualification: The applicant must hold a Bachelor Degree at least in the relevant field by
- The applicant has not received any scholarship from the Israeli MEA in the past.
- Applications of candidates who are staying abroad will not be considered.
- The applicant must have Indian Citizenship.
- The applicant cannot hold an Israeli citizenship
i) Candidates who have already been abroad for studies/training/ specialization either on scholarships or on their own, for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after returning from abroad as of 01.10.2021.
ii) Applications of candidates who are staying abroad will not be considered.
Basic requirement: Proof of English or Hebrew language proficiency is a must.
Value of Scholarship:
- The terms and conditions of the scholarship are in accordance with the yearly budget of
Israel Government for this purpose.
- The scholarship could be partial or full.
Partial scholarship (will be provided to the two other candidates) will cover:
i) Part of the tuition fees – if applied (50% up to a maximum of $6000 for tuition fees of $12000 and higher)
ii) A Basic health insurance
iii) Monthly allowance for one academic year ($850 total for 8 months only, from October until June).
Full scholarship (will be provided only for Hebrew Language (summer school –
Ulpan of 3.5 weeks) includes:
i) Full Tuition fees.
iii) 3 Weeks’ Allowance.
iv) Basic health insurance.
Accommodation, transportation and travel arrangements, to and fro or in Israel, will
be borne by the student.
In case there is more number of students than the available nominations, preference would be given to those students who have received a letter of acceptance from an Israeli institution/university, which ranked higher as per the latest QS ranking of World Universities.
The following documents are required to be uploaded at the time of applying online on the Ministry of Education website http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship:
- A colour passport size photograph (it must be in JPG or JPEG format).
- Signature (it must be in JPG or JPEG format).
- Duly filled in the application form prescribed of the Government of Israel (application
- Academic record: all original marks sheets and certificate of class 10 and 10+2.
Transcript and degree in respect of Bachelor’s and Master’s and all other originals
degrees and diploma.
- Self-attested copies of all original documents.
- Detailed proposal of the research/specialisation, which the applicant intends to study
in Israel, specifying the University where the applicant wishes to take admission.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from lecturers/professors who taught the
- Three (3) photographs.
- Certificate of Health
- NOC from the employer. In the case of Government Servant, clearance of the Cadre
Controlling Authority is mandatory
- For Research students only: the applicant should present documentation showing
that he/she has contacted the university/institution in Israel.
- For PhD students only: a letter of acceptance from the Israeli supervisor in
respect of the proposed research/specialisation.
- For Research Programme only: candidates are required to upload the letter of
Invitation from the Israeli Supervisor.
A scholarship will only be granted if the student has confirmed acceptance from the required institution.
*The size must not exceed 530 kb for each of the documents, photograph and signature.
The timeline of events for this scholarship is mentioned below:
- Applicants are required to apply online on the Ministry’s application
- SAKSHAT Portal will be operating for receiving applications from 8th March 2021 to 29th March 2021.
- Assessment of Applications received on SAKSHAT Portal and nomination of students by 30th March 2021 to 4th April 2021.
- 50 nominations will be made from the Ministry for 04 slots of Scholarship.
The shortlisted candidates would be required to appear for the document verification and Interview. The venue, time and date would be intimated to the shortlisted candidates by the Embassy of Israel, India.
- Candidates who do not fulfil the eligibility condition need not apply.
- An equivalent foreign degree will be considered.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
- All announcements will be made available on the website of the Ministry of Education: www.education.gov.in/scholarships only.
LAST DATE OF ONLINE APPLICATION: 29.03.2021
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Israel Government Scholarship 2021-2022 – Biotechnology & Biology. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.