TWAS Research Fellowships 2020 – Advanced Training
TWAS Research Fellowships 2020 – Advanced Training. Candidates from developing nations who have a Master’s degree in any field or branch of natural sciences are eligible to apply for this fellowship. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training
TWAS offers fellowships to young scientists in developing countries to enable them to spend three to 12 months at a research institution in a developing country other than their own. The purpose of these fellowships is to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career, helping them to foster links for further collaboration.
STARTING IN 2018 APPLICATIONS CAN ONLY BE SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE PORTAL- PLEASE USE THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO START YOUR APPLICATION.
Field: Natural sciences
Duration: 3-12 months
- The fellowships are for research and advanced training. They are offered to young scientists holding at least an MSc or equivalent degree.
- Eligible applicants for the fellowships are young scientists working in any area of natural sciences who are citizens of a developing country and are employed by a research institution in a developing country.
- There is no age limit. However, preference is given to young scientists at the beginning of their research career and those working in Least Developed Countries.
- Lists of possible host institutions divided by field are available here. These lists are only a suggestion and institutions that are not included are acceptable as long as they are in a developing country.
- Institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China, are not eligible host institutions under this programme. Applicants interested in conducting a fellowship in China are required to check whether their chosen host is a CAS institute. For a complete list of CAS institutes, see: english.cas.cn/institutes/. Applicants wishing to attend a CAS institute should either apply to the CAS-TWAS President’s Postgraduate Fellowship Programme or consider the CAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral and Visiting Scholars from Developing Countries (http://english.cas.cn/cooperation/fellowships/201503/t20150313_145274.shtml).
Deadline: 1 October annually.
Terms of the Fellowship:
- The fellowships are offered for a minimum of three months and a maximum of twelve months.
- TWAS covers international low-cost airfare plus a contribution towards subsistence amounting to a maximum of USD 300 per month. No other costs will be provided by TWAS.
- The host institution is expected to provide accommodation and food as well as research facilities.
Fellowships are awarded by the TWAS Fellowships Committee on the basis of scientific merit.
Submitting your application:
Applicants must complete the online application form by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page. While filling in the online application, applicants also need to upload the following documentation:
- scanned copy of your passport, even if expired (page with your name and surname);
- CV, maximum five pages including publications;
- Supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
- two reference letters of senior scientists familiar with your work. Please note that the Head of your Home Institution cannot be one of your referees;
- MSc certificate and relevant university transcripts;
- Official invitation letter from the Head of the Host Institute;
- Note that the Fellowships are provided for South-South visits only, i.e. for visits by researchers from developing countries to institutions in other developing countries.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: the head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
Please be sure to understand the eligibility criteria and other key requirements that are also specified in the online application form.
Contact email: email@example.com
Editor’s Note: TWAS Research Fellowships 2020 – Advanced Training. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.