IRRI Biochemistry Associate Scientist With Rs. 49,700 pm Pay
IRRI Biochemistry Associate Scientist With Rs. 49,700 pm Pay. MSc/PhD Biochemistry candidates are encouraged to apply online for an Associate Scientist vacancy at The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI). Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to apply online as per the details given below:
This job expires in :
Name of the Job: Associate Scientist – Chemistry (CERVA)
Job ID: HQ01136
The Centre of Excellence for Rice Value Addition (CERVA) is a major component of the IRRI South Asian Regional Centre (ISARC) that is being established in India by IRRI, with strong support from the Government of India to improve research and training capability in the south Asian and also African regions making it possible for the production of rice with superior grain qualities. Under the general direction of the Head of CERVA, the Associate Scientist will certainly conceptualize, plan as well as conduct research studies consisting of activities such as prep work, improvement and/or development of necessary research tools, data collection, analysis and interpretation. The role includes working closely with collaborating companion( s), exchanging info as well as presenting research findings (in seminars, conferences, publications). The Associate Scientist will certainly likewise coordinate as well as prepare training sessions for a range of people, supervise, train and guide scholars, on-the-job trainees, researchers as well as research technicians.
The Associate Scientist will certainly work widely across all areas of grain quality including milling, cooking, nutritional qualities and safety aspects to contribute significantly to the research and also service missions of CERVA.
This position will be based at the IRRI South Asia Regional Centre (ISARC) at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and also will certainly be filled out only by existing IRRI Staff.
Roles as well as Obligations:
- To plan as well as design multiple experiments as well as research studies in the field of Biochemistry.
- Prepare research outline stating the rationale, hypothesis, experimental layout, statistical design, timetable of activities and also conducting and also overseeing the analysis of starch structural as well as functional properties and also other grain quality attributes making use of a range of techniques including chromatographic as well as Mass spectrometric approaches.
- Learn and implement novel analytical technologies for evaluating the nutritional properties of grain as well as food safety aspects such as heavy metal and also various other toxic chemical contamination.
- Organize research requirements by procuring all the necessary materials and also equipment; ensure adequate manpower with appropriate skills.
- Identify the appropriate protocol for the implementation of the targeted metabolite platforms for free sugars and free amino acid analysis in the rice grain.
- Discuss as well as clarify guidelines for the appropriate utilization of experimental materials as well as facilities.
- Manage the implementation of experiments, and various other research studies associated with recognizing the role of starch, proteins, fat, and also various other metabolites to grain quality.
- Coordinate and also monitor activities regularly to ensure the efficiency of the research process/operation.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOP) and other necessary documentation to obtain and also sustain Lab accreditation.
- Interpret the outcome of the data analyses/research findings based upon the defined objective of the study and also a review of associated literature.
- Validate that database/datasets are current and initiate updates as necessary.
- Add to the content of publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Supervise or aid Post-Doctoral Fellows, students and/or trainees
- Meet with project leaders and/or collaborators to discuss the scope of specific research areas in the field/laboratory/greenhouse.
- Collaborate with Head of Grain Quality and also Nutrition Centre at IRRI Headquarters and also other IRRI colleagues to develop brand-new projects to strengthen research in the area of rice grain quality.
- Present research studies at seminars and/or conferences (local/international).
- Guide/coach researchers, technicians, scholars and interns.
- Mentor team members in the process of establishing and maintaining experiment( s).
- Prepare training materials and acts as a resource person in training within and outside IRRI.
- Organize and also coordinate training for on-job trainees and also interns.
- Add to professional service activities such as strategic committees or task forces etc
- Act as a resource person for training courses as well as visitors.
- Supervise the work of Assistant Scientists, Researchers and/or Research Technicians.
- Carry out performance appraisals of Researchers.
- Manage various other activities such as services sourced out from various other units and/ or contractors.
- Guarantee that research procedures adhere to the experimental protocol as described in the outline.
- Consolidate, verify as well as analyze collected data making use of appropriate advanced statistical tools independently.
- Draw conclusions from the research studies.
- Prepare reports, scientific papers, articles, posters, the database for publication and presentation.
- Responsible for the professional development of Researchers.
Salary: 49700 – 103300 INR per month
Master of Science degree in Biochemistry with 3 years of pertinent work experience in rice grain quality, or PhD degree in Biochemistry with 1-year experience in rice grain quality or Equivalent training/ experience.
- Proven Technical proficiency in conducting research experiments.
- Experience in adding to research publications, presentations or associated areas.
- Excellent analytical skills in chemical and also biochemical laboratory environments.
- Skills in implementing Quality assurance tools.
- Familiar with laboratory accreditation procedure.
- Experience in some Research management.
- Experience in leading a small research team.
- Experience in chromatographic and also mass spectrometric techniques.
Preferred: Analytical abilities in nutritional quality as well as safety evaluation of grains.
- House-Rent Allowance: IRRI provides a house rent allowance of 40% of base pay per month.
- Transport Allowance: A monthly transport allowance is provided to NRS as below: NRS L6: INR 5,000
- Dearness Allowance: One Hundred and Thirteen per cent (113%) of employee’s base pay.
- Leave Travel Allowance (LTA): One-month base pay per annum, on availing minimum 2 days of vacation leave
- Education Allowance: INR 1000/- per child per month (limited 2 children)
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances. Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 13-Aug-2020
Editor’s Note: IRRI Biochemistry Associate Scientist With Rs. 49,700 pm Pay. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.