General Mills Science & Information Analysis Job For Food Tech / Biotech
General Mills Science & Information Analysis Job For Food Tech / Biotech. Biotech/ Biological & Life Sciences / Food Science, Food Technology candidates are encouraged to apply. It’s an online application process. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details regarding the same given below:
Name of the Post: Scientist II – Global Science and Information Analysis
Job Number: 14165
Location(s) of General Mills Job: Mumbai, Maharashtra
The Global Knowledge Services (GKS) organization catalyzes the creation, transfer, and application of knowledge to ensure ITQ succeeds at its mission of driving internal and external innovation, developing differentiated technology, and engendering trust through food safety and quality.
The scientists in the Global Science and Information Analysis Program Area will collaborate with US and India GKS colleagues to deliver high-value acquisition, synthesis, and analysis of primary and secondary information including scientific literature, patent information and consumer research that advances key ITQ science, technology, and nutrition research projects.
The Scientist II in this program area is expected to: provide expertise in one or more scientific disciplines; partner effectively with worldwide ITQ clients; create impactful research deliverables, and independently manage multiple consulting projects.
20% of Time
- Client Consultation and Business Partnering
- Work effectively with clients to identify client needs and success criteria, and translate into clear project objectives, timelines, and plans.
- Be responsive and timely in sharing project updates, responding to client queries, and delivering on project commitments.
- Clearly communicate analysis, conclusions, and insights, and conclusions to clients using written reports and real-time meetings.
65% of Time
- Excellent Technical Work
- Develop effective strategies for search and analysis based on client consultations and project briefs.
- Conduct high-quality searches of varied information sources, including web, literature, and patents, to acquire results that are relevant to the client project.
- Provide thoughtful analysis and synthesis of search results that address key project questions.
- Effectively and efficiently use a wide range of information databases and search tools in support of project work.
- Create accurate and clear summary reports and visualizations that convey the required information and insights.
- Develop and maintain a network of external science and technology contacts to leverage in research work.
10% of Time
- Innovation, Continuous Improvement (CI), and Personal Development
- Learn and apply a CI mindset to work, seeking opportunities for improvements in efficiency and client value.
- Identify new resources, develop new methods, and seek external inspiration to drive innovations in our work processes.
- Continually build skills and knowledge in the fields of information research and the relevant sciences.
5% of Time
- Participate in all required training (Safety, HR, Finance, CI, other) and actively support GSIA, GKS, and ITQ meetings, events and activities.
- Complete other administrative tasks as required.
- Once in 1-2 years to the US for a few weeks
- Minimum Degree Requirements: Masters
- Preferred Degree Requirements: PhD
- Preferred Major Area of Study: Food Science, Food Technology, Nutrition, Biological life sciences, biotechnology or related scientific or interdisciplinary science field.
- Required Professional Certifications: None
- Preferred Professional Certifications: None
- Minimum years of related experience required: Three
- Preferred years of related experience: Six
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed:
For the Global Science and Information Analysis Program Area:
- Ability to communicate with other researchers both within General Mills and outside General Mills.
- Experience in reviewing, interpreting, and summarizing scientific literature and knowledge of the literature database.
- An understanding of the basics of the patent field, and a working knowledge of patent databases and associated search tools.
- Ability to find, assimilate, synthesize, and communicate scientific and technical knowledge, including patents.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and customer service skills; clear articulation of views in written and verbal discussions.
For Global Knowledge Services:
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with internal/global team members.
- High self-motivation, with the ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Excels at driving projects to completion, with attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise judgment in handling confidential and proprietary information.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and execute tasks according to a plan. Able to work on multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, ability to “think outside the box”.
- Good command of the English language.
Editor’s Note: General Mills Science & Information Analysis Job For Food Tech / Biotech. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.