TMC Kolkata Latest Jobs – Biological Sciences Apply Online
TMC Kolkata Latest Jobs – Biological Sciences Apply Online. Tata Translational Cancer Research Center Recruitment Scientific Officer Job Opening. Biotechnology & Microbiology candidates are encouraged to apply:
This Job Expires In :
Scientific Officer – Molecular Genetics
Name of the Post: Scientific Officer – Molecular Genetics
No. of Posts: 01
How to Apply:
* For even more details as well as application forms, please log on to our website today: www.tmckolkata.com.
You can also Email or Post applications by 30th June 2020 to:
Mr. Suvasish Mukherjee, Head-Human Resources, Tata Medical Center, 14 MAR (EW), New Town, Kolkata– 700160.
Email– [email protected].
Brief Job Description:
- Significant experience in molecular diagnostics laboratory with hands-on experience in.
different molecular haematological techniques such as manual and also automated DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid amplification tests such real-time PCR, all various other PCRs, gel electrophoresis, Sanger Sequencing, Fragment Analysis and NGS.
- The applicant must comply with the health and safety standards of the laboratory, and also demonstrate excellent lab practices at all times.
- The person should be prepared to do on calls including those at night and also be prepared to work on Holidays/ Sundays in Molecular Genetics.
General Duty & Responsibilities
- Work as a team and share roles and responsibilities
- Take additional responsibilities to deal with staff shortages or increased workload
- Be prepared to remain beyond the normal working hours to deal with vital regular or
- Maintain good documentation of their work
- Maintain and enhance technical and scientific competence through regular training sessions
- Be ready to teach and train others every now and then
- Maintain a professional atmosphere within work areas
- Be prepared to handle managerial responsibilities such as those involving laboratory audit, inventory management, quality assurance, equipment maintenance, health and safety, duty rota development, writing standard operating procedures, human resource allocation in different sections of the lab etc.
- To perform night duties as well as holiday duties in the sections of Microbiology.
- Get involved and also help the lab in basic or clinical research. This can involve doing
additional lab bench work or writing manuscript for scientific articles.
- Presenting posters/ papers in local/ regional/ national scientific meetings
- A person with Philanthropic bent of mind.
- Sound Technical knowhow
- Good working experience in Microbiology
- Excellent Inter-personal Skills
- Excellent analytical skill and also Problem solving skills
- Quality Consciousness
- Capability to work in an unstructured work situation with multiple demands.
- Great Team Player
- Experience with DNA sequencing, troubleshooting abilities, especially ability to optimise PCR, deal with and also prevent amplicon contamination and also develop new in-house molecular biology assays.
- Computer skills, knowledge of laboratory information systems and experience with Internal Quality Control and External Quality Assurance programmes are desirable.
Qualification: M.Sc in Biological Sciences or higher qualification with experience in Molecular Biology Techniques.
Experience: Minimum 2 Years post qualification experience working in a reputed lab/.
institutes in the field of molecular genetics (Clinical Diagnostics or Research Projects).
Remuneration: The remuneration will be commensurate with years of experience.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: TMC Kolkata Latest Jobs – Biological Sciences Apply Online. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.