IISc Project Vacancies Recruitment 2020 – Genomics and Drug Discovery
IISc Project Vacancies Recruitment 2020 – Genomics and Drug Discovery. IISc Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biophysics Job Openings. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This Job Expires In :
Applications are welcomed for the following positions in a time-bound sponsored project
titled “An Indian initiative on setting up a high fidelity structural data archival/retrieval system for Life Sciences– (PDBi)” under the National Supercomputing Mission Platform for Genomics and Drug Discovery”. Project is jointly operated at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and also National Inst of Immunology, New Delhi and applicants may have to work at either of these sites.
Name of the Post: Research Associate/s
Project Investigator/s e-mail id: [email protected]
Emoluments: Based on DST, GOI norms and also commensurate with experience.
Project Period: October 2019 to October 2022
Duration: Initial appointment will be for a duration of 1 year, subject to extension after review of performance.
How to Apply:
Applications with CV must be sent by e-mail ([email protected]) prior to 30th June 2020.
- Development of bioinformatics tools as well as algorithms/software for structure-based analysis of biomolecular systems.
- Programmatic access to major biomolecular databases making use of APIs.
- Knowledge-based prediction and analysis of biomolecular structure, function and interactions.
- Docking/simulations for inhibitor design.
Essential Qualifications: PhD (Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Biotechnology or any other stream of biological/physical sciences) with a minimum of 2 publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals in the area of structural bioinformatics or biophysics or biomolecular modelling/simulation.
- Solid computer programming abilities (in Python/PERL/PHP or C++ or object-oriented database management systems like MySQL etc or scripting languages under LINUX/UNIX environment).
- Extensive experience in computational analysis of biomolecular structure/interactions and also usage of advanced biomolecular simulation software.
- Adequate knowledge of major databases, web servers and software in the area of biomolecular structure/function and drug design.
- Familiarity with Parallel Programming environments and experience in usage of high-end HPC clusters.
The candidates must highlight their experience in above-mentioned fields/topics in their CV.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: IISc Project Vacancies Recruitment 2020 – Genomics and Drug Discovery. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.