Govt Life Science ZSI Project Recruitment – MSc Candidates Apply
Govt Life Science ZSI Project Recruitment – MSc Candidates Apply. Zoological Survey of India Jobs. MSc JRF. Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) jobs for MSc zoology & life sciences candidates. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This job expires in :
Government of India
Zoological Survey of India PraniVigyanBhawan
M- Block New Alipore Kolkata- 700053
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) / Junior Project Fellow
No. of Posts: 01
Name of the Project: “Inter-nesting movements and habitat-use of Olive Ridley Sea Turtles (Lepidochelys olivacea) along Odisha coast, India”
Period: The project is for a period of three years and the JRF upon satisfactory conduct of research work shall be promoted to Senior Research Fellow (SRF), after completion of 2 years of tenure and found suitable via a panel of experts after review of his/her progress. The applicant is expected to register for a PhD in a recognised University during the period of the fellowship.
Place of Work: The selected applicants (JRF) will have to travel extensively along Odisha coast of India and also may be posted for a longer duration, based on requirements or any other locations according to the project requirements including HQ at Kolkata.
Age Limitation: The upper age limit is 28 years as on date of interview.Age relaxation as per Govt. of India rules.
Application Process for ZSI Job:
- Application to be sent by email only ([email protected]/[email protected]).
There is no hard copy solicited and shall be entertained for the purpose. Except for.
application in the prescribed format in electronic copy (MS WORD FILE), no other.
documents need to be attached to the e-mail.
- The documents in support of educational qualifications and also work/research experiences shall be verified and also the original documents (even after selection), if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to wilfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, such applicant will not be considered for selection and due activity will certainly be implemented.
- The candidate selected will be liable to posted anywhere, as well as will certainly have to join immediately after their selection within one week.
- The application can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website.
- Applicants should send the duly filled-in application on or before 17th June.
2020 addressed to the Director, ZSI, Kolkata– 700 053 by e-mail ([email protected]/ [email protected]).
- The applicant will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualification and also experience. Mere possession of qualification and also experience may not entertain an applicant called for interview or selection.
- For any kind of clarification you may please call The Principal Investigator, DST-Sea Turtle Project, Zoological Survey of India, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata– 700 053. Email: <[email protected]>Mobile: +91-9477942292.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right of selection or rejection of a candidature including cancellation of the advertisement without assigning any kind of reason.
- To study the Migration as well as Inter rookery Movement of Olive Ridley Turtles within
and outside the Odisha coast in the Bay of Bengal.
- To understand the breeding biology of Olive Ridley Turtles along Odisha coast.
- To study the offshore as well as onshore abundance and spatial distribution of Olive Ridley Turtles sea turtles.
- To study the various environmental factors responsible for Olive Ridley sea turtle breeding along Odisha coast.
- To suggest suitable conservation and also management strategies for Olive Ridley sea turtle population of Bay of Bengal, India.
- Junior Research Fellow @ Rs. 31,000/- (Consolidated)/ Month + Admissible HRA/ Junior
- Project Fellow (according to norms of Host Institution).
Essential Qualification Desirable Experience for the ZSI Job:
1. Junior Research Fellow
i. M. Sc. in Zoology/ Life Sciences/ Life Sciences/Wildlife/Environmental Sciences/Forestry/ Biodiversity & Conservation or equal with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized University.
ii. Qualified NET (National Eligibility Tests)– CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) as well as GATE/ National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and also institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
In case of non-NET, qualified candidates found suitable and if recommended by the Committee, the position will certainly be offered as Junior Project Fellow, as per the standards of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India and also based on existing rules of host institute i.e. ZSI/MoEF & CC.
Desirable Experience: Experience/ knowledge/interest on field data collection/ Geoinformatics/ Wildlife Ecology/GIS/ Climate change.
View Notification & Download Application Format Below
Editor’s Note: Govt Life Science ZSI Project Recruitment – MSc Candidates Apply, zsi jobs, zoological survey of india careers. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.