RGCB Jobs Latest – Life Science / Biotechnology Project Officer Post
RGCB Jobs Latest – Life Science / Biotechnology Project Officer Post. RGCB, Thiruvananthapuram is hiring MSc Biotechnology / Life Science candidates. MSc Project Officer Job Opening. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details below:
This job expires in :
Adv. # 26/2019
NAME OF THE POST: Project Officer
NO. OF POSTS: 01
AGE: Below 35 years as on April 01, 2020. Meritorious candidates will be given age relaxation. For SC/ST/OBC candidate’s age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India standards.
Suitably qualified applicants may send applications in the prescribed format with a photo, a copy of complete resume indicating the percentage of marks obtained as well as attested photocopies of qualifications and experience to reach the undersigned on or before April 03, 2020. Envelopes should be superscripted with abbreviated title of the project, advert number and also job title. Applications can additionally be sent out as a PDF document to [email protected].
Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any type of future positions at RGCB (long-term or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the positions will be co-terminus with the end of the project.
Just those fulfilling the above criteria need to apply. In the case of greater than 15 candidates being short-listed after screening applications, a written test will be conducted prior to the selection interview and also only those who are ranked in the written test will be interviewed.
No TA/DA/Other emoluments will be given for appearing in the interview.
Overview of the work area as well as position.
The RGCB LMMD facility is a tertiary facility performing extremely complex investigations in the areas of Molecular Virology, Laboratory Medicine, Cancer Biomarkers as well as Pharmacogenomics. Under direction, the successful candidate will be required to perform diagnostic procedures, investigation of new methodologies, maintenance as well as troubleshooting of instrumentation, performance as well as monitoring of Quality Control, provision of outcomes and research. The successful candidate will have to participate in shift, after-hours work and out-of-hours rosters. The successful applicant should have the ability to work as the single practitioner on rostered shifts, including public holidays and overtime as needed.
- A First Class Masters Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Life Sciences or Biotechnology.
- A minimum of 36 months documented working experience in a recognized molecular microbiology and/or virology lab in either the state or central government sector.
- Demonstrated appropriate technological skills & knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize urgent testing in order to meet expected patient turn-around-times.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and also organizational abilities.
- Proven capability to work within a team.
Under Professional Supervision to be able to
- Take part in lab work rosters including day & evening shifts on weekdays & weekends & public holidays.
- Perform diagnostic laboratory tests, including validation as well as reporting.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment as directed.
- Adhere to standard operating techniques and also procedures documented in laboratory manuals as needed by NABL.
- Participate in departmental continuing education program/s.
- Assist other members of the team as needed as well as encourage teamwork.
- Aid with internal and also external Quality Assurance Programs as directed by senior staff.
- Implement initiatives in consultation with the Principal Scientist/ Senior Scientists to provide continual improvements for the lab.
- Take part in research and development projects under the supervision of senior staff as needed.
EMOLUMENTS: Based On RGCB IPP standards.
Editor’s Note: RGCB Jobs Latest – Life Science / Biotechnology Project Officer Post. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.