NEST 2020: National Entrance Screening Test Official Notification
National Entrance Screening Test – NEST 2020. NEST 2020: National Entrance Screening Test Official Notification. The application portal is now open. Check it out now. It’s a compulsory test that students who want to seek admission at NISER & UM-DAE CEBS. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. NEST 2020 will be conducted in around 90 cities [see list] across India. The brochure gives a detailed procedure for applying for the test, syllabus of the test and various deadlines.
NISER, Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai are in compliance with the UGC and Govt. of India guidelines on anti-ragging. Ragging in any form is a punishable offence and hence is totally prohibited on these campuses. Any complaint regarding ragging can be made at the 24×7 toll-free National Anti-Ragging Help Line number 1800-180-5522 and/or at the email-ID [email protected].
Eligibility criteria for admission:
Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
- Candidates in General and OBC category should be born on or after August 01, 2000. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Divyangjan candidates.
- Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2018 or 2019. Candidates appearing in 2020 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Divyangjan candidates, the minimum requirement is 55%.
- Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
How to Apply:
- Please, read the brochure carefully before filling the online application form.
- Keep the following handy before starting registration and online application:
i. Class X marks sheet/report card/certificate
ii. Digital copy of passport size photograph in .jpeg or. Jpg format (size limit: 80 kb)
iii. Scanned image of your signature in .jpeg or .jpg format (size limit: 80 kb)
Check the PDF here
- Registration / Online application opens : January 08, 2020 (2:30 pm)
- Online application closes: April 3, 2020 (midnight) [First Friday of April]
- Download of admit card starts: April 24, 2020, 6:30 pm
- Date of examination: June 06, 2020 (Saturday), Session-I: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm, Session-II: 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm [First Saturday of June]
- Announcement of results on NEST website: June 16, 2020 [Third Tuesday of June]
- First Counselling of NISER Bhubaneswar: To be Announced
- First Counselling of CEBS Mumbai: To be Announced
View Syllabus 2020
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: NEST 2020: National Entrance Screening Test Official Notification, National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2020, NEST 2019, National Entrance Screening Test 2020. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also, the YouTube channel that we have.