AcSIR Kalam Summer Training Program 2020 – Apply Online
The notification for the AcSIR – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2020 is out. There are 20 fellowships up for grabs. This is an online application process. Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the eligibility, application procedure, selection process and important dates below:
This call expires in :
AcSIR SUMMER TRAINING:
“You have to dream before your dreams can come true”.
– Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, one of the greatest scientific minds, a scholar-statesman and a true patriot who inspired millions of young and old alike by his works and deeds.
CONCERNING SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAM
Summer Training Program at AcSIR offers a chance to spend one of your summers working at premier research Laboratories of CSIR with just some of the leading scientists in India, in an environment which promotes trans-disciplinary research.
The program is supported/ financed by AcSIR through its AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.
FELLOWSHIP DETAILS FOR FOR AcSIR SUMMER TRAINING:
- Total number of Fellowships: 20 *.
- Duration: Two months; Between the months of May and August.
- Amount of Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per student for the duration of the program.
( payable after the successful conclusion of the training program as well as submission of project report to the Laboratory Coordinator).
- Travel allowance to the selected student: Reimbursable to a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per selected student.
- This is an obligatorily Residential Program where the chosen students would be required to stay on the campus of the particular CSIR Labs on a charge basis.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR FOR AcSIR SUMMER TRAINING?
- First-year of M.Sc program or equivalent: minimum first-class at pre-M. Sc degree level.
- Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc program or equivalent: GPA 6.0 on a scale of 10 (up to IV Sem).
- The first year of M.E/ M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs at B.E/ B.Tech level or GATE Score ≥ 600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100.
- Third year of B.E/ B.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (up to IV Sem).
- Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.E/ M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (up to IV Sem) or GATE Score ≥ 600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR AcSIR SUMMER TRAINING:
- The screening will certainly be primarily based on a Research Proposal as well as various other screening criteria decided by the Committee.
- An applicant can give five preferences of CSIR Labs/Institutes.
- Shortlisted applicants will certainly be intimated electronically.
- Selection Interview will be held at a central location. Appearance at the interview is compulsory for consideration.
- Applicant may be enabled to participate through electronic media for the interview (Skype etc.) under specific request.
- Selection is simply based on merit/ performance at the selection interview.
- Food, as well as lodging arrangements, will be made for candidates called for interview only.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR AcSIR SUMMER TRAINING:
- The application needs to be completed in all aspects for consideration.
- Multiple applications from the same candidate will result in termination of candidature.
- All filled-in info should be supported by appropriate documents at the time of selection interview.
- Please visit the web sites of participating CSIR Labs for info on their research areas.
* Reservation shall be applicable as per GoI rules.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR AcSIR SUMMER TRAINING:
- Registration Start Date: 30-Nov-19
- Application Closing Date: 31-Dec-19
- Selection Interview: 1-Mar-20
- Result Declaration: 15-Mar-20