Pursue Doctoral Research at NIBMG – Applications Invited
The National Institute of BioMedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani has announced PhD Admissions. Interested and eligible candidates with a relevant background. Check out all of the details on the overview, the eligibility, selection procedure and application details below:
This call expires in :
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS INTERESTED TO PURSUE DOCTORAL RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL GENOMICS (NIBMG), KALYANI
Applications are welcomed from suitable candidates to pursue doctoral research at NIBMG. The selected students are expected to work on human diseases with emphasis on gaining biological insights into disease mechanisms making use of clinical samples and appropriate models, both in silico and in vivo. NIBMG is equipped with state of the art technologies that include single-cell sequencing and bulk DNA sequencing NGS platforms, extensive computational and bioinformatics facility, genetic engineering including cutting-edge CRISPR-Cas Genome editing labs, FACS (cell sorter), low and high-resolution imaging facility, Multiplex Elisa/ ALPHA-LISA, upcoming state-of-the-art zebrafish and proteomics centres.
The broad areas of research on which students are expected to work are listed below:
1. Biomedical Genomics and the functional implications in the context of:
A. Infectious disease
B. Chronic disease
2. Computational Biology and Statistical Genomics
15% OF THE SEATS ARE RESERVED FOR THE SC CATEGORY, 7.5% FOR THE ST CATEGORY AND 27% FOR NON-CREAMY LAYER OBC CATEGORY. CERTIFICATES FROM RELEVANT AUTHORITIES ARE TO BE PROVIDED AS PROOF, BEFORE THE INTERVIEW.
The minimal eligibility standards for accepting students at NIBMG to pursue research leading to a Ph.D. degree are:
- Master’s degree in any discipline of Biological Sciences (Genetics, Molecular Biology,
Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Biophysics or associated disciplines).
- Candidates as a whole category have to have secured at least 55% aggregate in Masters degree. This will be relaxed for reserved categories as they are only required to efficiently complete a Master’s degree.
- A candidate has to have qualified in the junior research fellowship conducted by UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only), NBHM, BINC, and must have a valid award letter of Research. Fellowship at the time of interview.DST-INSPIRE students with a provisional certification from DST are also eligible to apply. Candidates that have qualified for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship or any other fellowship for the reserved categories are motivated to apply.
- Must have an MBBS or B.Tech (Biotechnology) with a minimum of 55% marks along with a valid junior research fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (category I only).
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrable research training in the form of summer training or short-term courses in well-established research laboratories to prepare for a research career in biomedical sciences. This condition is not applicable to individuals coming from reserved categories.
Please apply online via web link https://apply.nibmg.ac.in/( no other type of application will be accepted). Please indicate online whether you belong to a reserved category or the general category. The online application will certainly be approved until 5 PM of 15th of Nov, 2019. Short-listed candidates will be called for a formal interview to make the final selection. Interview will be on the 27th of Nov, 2019.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Pursue Doctoral Research at NIBMG – Applications Invited, nibmg admission, admission nibmg, nibmg kalyani 2019 admissions, phd admissions 2019, phd admission nibmg 2019, admissions 2019, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media platforms for the latest in the life sciences industry.