National University of Singapore Scholarship 2020
The official notification for the NGS Scholarship by the National University of Singapore has been announced. The application portal has been open from 01st September 2019. All Indian nationals are eligible to apply. For more details on the eligibility, the scholarship and application procedure check details below:
This call expires in :
NGS Scholarship (NGSS)
The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is
- compulsory for all applicants, Please note it cannot be substituted by GATE.
- compulsory for NUS and NTU Masters students and graduates.
- only waived for NUS, NTU and SUTD Bachelor degree holders and final-year undergraduates.
- TOEFL / IELTS (either can be used) is only compulsory for applicants whose
- native tongue
- medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English
- Students are not eligible for the President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to satisfactory academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
- Applicants doing a Masters programme at the point of application
- before matriculating in NGS for PhD at NGS.
- must have officially completed the Masters programme, and
- must have been conferred the Masters degree
Applicants who have submitted their Masters thesis only, but who
- have not officially graduated from the Masters programme, and
- have not been conferred the Masters degree must therefore defer their admission (from matriculation to registration) into NGS, until the Masters degree has been officially awarded.
- required to serve any bond after graduation from existing (be it Bachelor / Master’s) programme, and who intend to commence their NGS’ PhD immediately after official graduation and/or applicants
- serving any bond at the point of application to NGS’ PhD should declare such information in the Questionnaire section of the application form.
Successful applicants should automatically, in their own initiative, apply for deferment of serving of the bond. The official memo documenting the approval of deferment of bond service should be submitted to NGS at least one month before matriculation into NGS’ PhD.
Please follow the application instructions HERE in its entirety.
- the application deadline.
- Please refer to the application instructions HERE for comprehensive details.
For NGS Scholarship – specific enquiries, please contact Ms Anuradha Chandra <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Only COMPLETE (with all required documents) application(s) received BEFORE the application deadline will be processed.
- Completed / Incomplete application received AFTER the application deadline will be automatically considered for the next Intake.
- opens on 1st September 2019
- closes on 15th December 2019
Editor’s Note: singapore university scholarships. scholarships for indian students singapore, ngs scholarship 2019, ngss 2020, august 2020 ngs scholarship. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – to be updated on the latest and also follow us on all our YouTube channel for videos like the ones below.