Science Academies’ Summer Research Fellowship Term
Science Academies’ Summer Research Fellowship Programme for Students and Teachers 2020 notification has been released. Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru/ Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi & The National Academy of Sciences, India, Allahabad are inviting applications for the same. Check out all of the details below:
This call expires in :
Science Academies’ Summer Research Fellowship Programme for Students and Teachers 2020
Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru
Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
The National Academy of Sciences, India, Prayagraj
The 3 national Science Academies offer you several two-month Summer Fellowships to allow students/teachers (studying/teaching in India) to work with scientists related to the 3 Academies during 2020. A copy of the application format, instructions to applicants such as eligibility criteria, and a list of names of scientists/faculty that have agreed to direct students/teachers to work on short term projects are displayed in the online application.
Applications are invited from interested teachers and students from all colleges and universities affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MCI/Accredited Institutions of State Universities for these Fellowships. The application should comprise: (a) the application form in the prescribed format; (b) scanned copies of marks sheets fromclass X till the previous examination; (c) that a write-up (in roughly 150-250 words) regarding what the applicant would like to learn and achieve. Student applicants must provide the email id of one of their teachers or HoD familiar with their work. The Academy will approach them to get a recommendation letter in the prescribed format. The chosen candidate must work with the assigned guide for two months any time during the calendar year, preferably during summertime.
Applications should be submitted by logging on one of our sites [www.ias.ac.in; http://www.insaindia.res.in and www.nasi.org.in]. The registration number assigned soon after the online submission has to be quoted in all future correspondence.
The final date for receipt of all applications online is 30 November 2019.
Info of selection together with the concurrence of this guide will be despatched around February–March 2020. The chosen students/teachers will be provided appropriate round trip train fare along with a monthly fellowship to satisfy their living expenses at the workplace.
Instructions to Applicants:
(Please read all the directions carefully Before filling up the application)
Please don’t send hard copies of marks sheets or applications.
The practice of enabling the candidates to suggest possible mentors has been discontinued with.
2) It is required to upload the marks sheets from class X until the last examination. Please, have the scanned versions of mark sheets (in JPEG format), before beginning to fill up this application.
3) Only 1 application per candidate will be considered. If more than 1 application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
4) Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are compulsory and must be filled.
5) The final date for receipt of all applications online is 30 November 2019.
B. Eligibility criteria
6a) Applicants must be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc (II year only)
- BPharm (III and IV years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch(II,III and IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year just )
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II/,III,IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
6b) Teachers have to be teaching at a College/University.
7) The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. Up to post-graduation (whichever years finished ) should be 65 percent or over for students.The minimum Percentage of average marks doesn’t apply for teachers.
8) PhD students aren’t eligible.
9) Applicants that have availed the Academies fellowship twice before aren’t eligible to apply.
10) The applicant must include a write-up (in roughly 150–250 words) regarding this particular area of the applicant and indicate what he/she would like to learn and achieve through this fellowship. Additionally, it may include the specific experiment or theory the candidate would like to work on but NOT a general description of the area. The write-up shouldn’t be a”copy and paste” job from any source.
11) don’t use special/scientific characters such as Ø Ü etc.. As the software will prevent you from uploading the application with such characters.
D. Enclosures to application
12) Both student and teacher applicants should upload scanned versions of mark sheets from class X, until the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of each marks sheet shouldn’t exceed 700 kb).
13) Teacher applicants must upload their publications if any.
E. Other matters
14) Student candidates should upload the contact details of one of their present teachers or the Head of the Department (HoD). The Academy will get in touch with the teacher and obtain the recommendation letter.
15) All decisions concerning the selection of candidates will be at the sole discretion of the Academies. Any grievance or dispute regarding SRFP 2020 shall be addressed to the Academy, whose decision thereon shall be final.
16) When a candidate is found at any given time period to have submitted false information, his/her fellowship is going to be cancelled, and he/she will be requested to pay back the fellowship amount/travel allowance etc. that’s been paid to him/her. Additional his/her guide along with the Institution in which he/she is presently studying will be informed of the matter.
17) Without prejudice to 15) above, only the courts at Bengaluru city shall be the fora for seeking judicial remedy, if any, for any dispute or grievance.
18) Academy signifies Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru. Academies mean Indian Academy of Sciences (Bengaluru), Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi), and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Prayagraj).
19) Guide signifies a person from the listing of scientists/faculty approved by the Academies as guides.
20) All correspondence Ought to Be addressed
Mr C S Ravi Kumar
Coordinator, Summer Research Fellowship Programme
Indian Academy of Sciences
CV Raman Avenue, near Mekhri Circle
Bengaluru 560 080
Tel. -LRB-080-RRB- 2266 1207, 2266 1202, 2266 1221
Please don’t send hard copies of marks sheets or applications.
Editor’s Note: Science Academies’ Summer Research, Science Academies’ Summer Research 2020, IAS Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2020, NAS Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2020, Science Academies’ Summer Research Fellowship Programme for Students and Teachers 2020, SRFP 2020. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more such opportunities and also follow us on our YouTube channel for more.