FAST-SF Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2020
Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2020 notification has been released. Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru/ Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi & The National Academy of Sciences, India, Allahabad are inviting applications for the same. Check out all of the details below:
This call expires in :
Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2020
Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru
Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
The National Academy of Sciences, India, Allahabad
With a view to enhancing the spread of Technology and Science at the specific regions of the Nation, the Inter-Academy Panel has Pioneered the Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF]. This coming year (2020) our attention will be on the North Eastern States of the Nation and the states of Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jammu & Kashmir and the FAST-SF will be for students and teachers studying/working in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jammu & Kashmir.
Approximately 200 fellowships will be offered during 20 to students/teachers studying/working in these states, to work with scientists associated with three Academies’ anywhere in the nation.
A copy of the application format, instructions to applicants such as eligibility standards and a list of names of scientists/faculty that have consented to guide students/teachers to work on short-term projects are displayed online.
Applications are encouraged from interested teachers and students from universities and colleges from North-Eastern states of India, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jammu & Kashmir associated with UGC/AICTE/MCI/Accredited Institutions of State Universities for these Fellowships. The application should include:
(a) the application form in the prescribed format;
(b) scanned copies of marks sheets from class X until the last examination;
(c) a write-up (in about 150-250 words) regarding what the applicant wants to learn and achieve.
Student candidates must provide the email id of one of their teachers or HoD familiar with their work. The Academy will approach them for a recommendation letter in the prescribed format. The chosen candidate must work with the assigned guide for two months any time throughout the calendar year though summer months are preferred.
Applications should be submitted by logging on our sites [www.ias.ac.in; http://www.insaindia.res.in and www.nasi.org.in]. The registration number assigned shortly after the online submission has to be quoted in all future correspondence.
The final date for receipt of applications online is 30 November 2020.
Info of selection together with concurrence of this guide will be despatched around February–March 2020. The chosen students/teachers will be provided appropriate round trip train fare along with a monthly fellowship to meet their living expenses at the workplace.
Instructions to Applicants:
(Please read all the directions carefully Before filling up the application)
Please don’t send hard copies of marks sheets or applications.
1) This programme is currently available for all Students and Teachers studying/teaching in the North-Eastern states of India. VIZ. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jammu & Kashmir only.
3) It is required to upload the marks sheets from class X till the previous examination. Please, possess the scanned versions of mark sheets (in JPEG format), before starting to fill up this application.
4) Only 1 application per candidate will be considered. If more than 1 application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
5) Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are compulsory and must be filled.
6) The final date for receipt of applications online is 30 November 2019.
B. Eligibility criteria
7a) Applicants must be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc (II year only)
- BPharm (III and IV years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch(II, III and IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II/, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
7b) Teachers working in North-Eastern states, Bihar, Chattisgarh and Jammu and Kashmir only need apply.
8) The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. Up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65 percent or over. The minimum percentage of average marks doesn’t apply for teachers.
9) PhD students aren’t eligible.
10) The applicant must have a write-up (in roughly 150–250 words) regarding this specific area of the candidate and suggest what he/she would like to learn and achieve through this fellowship. Additionally, it may include the specific experiment or theory the candidate wants to work on but NOT an overall description of the area. The write-up shouldn’t be a”copy and paste” job from any source.
11) don’t use special/scientific characters like Ø Ü etc. As the software will prevent you from uploading the application with such characters.
D. Enclosures to application
12) Both student and teacher applicants should upload scanned versions of mark sheets from class X, until the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of each marks sheet shouldn’t exceed 700 kb).
13) Teacher applicants must upload their publications if any. On selection, an authorization letter from the Principal/HoD that required permission/leave of absence will be granted ought to be sent by post to the Coordinator, FAST-SF 2020, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru 560 080.
E. Other matters
14) Student candidates should upload the contact details of one of their present teachers or the Head of the Department (HoD). The Academy will get in touch with the teacher and acquire the recommendation letter.
15) All decisions concerning the selection of candidates will be at the sole discretion of the Academies. Any grievance or dispute regarding FAST-SF 2020 shall be addressed to the Academy, whose decision thereon shall be final.
16) If a candidate is found at any point of time to have submitted false information, his/her fellowship is going to be cancelled, and he/she will be requested to pay back the fellowship amount/travel allowance etc. that’s been paid to him/her. Additional his/her guide along with the Institution in which he/she is currently studying will be informed of the matter.
17) Without prejudice to 15) above, only the courts at Bengaluru city shall function as fora for seeking judicial remedy, if any, for any dispute or grievance.
18) Academy means Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru. Academies mean Indian Academy of Sciences (Bengaluru), Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi), and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Allahabad).
19) The guide means a person from the listing of scientists/faculty approved by the Academies as guides.
20) All correspondence Ought to Be addressed :
Mr C S Ravi Kumar
Coordinator, Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship (FAST-SF)
Indian Academy of Sciences
C V Raman Avenue, near Mekhri Circle
Bengaluru 560 080
Tel. -LRB-080-RRB- 2266 1207, 2266 1202, 2266 1221
Please don’t send hard copies of marks sheets or applications.
Editor’s Note: Focus Area Science Technology Summer, INSA Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2020, Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2020, IAS Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2020, NASI Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2020. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more such opportunities and also follow us on our YouTube channel for more.