Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance Early Career Fellowships 2019
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites applications for its Early Career Fellowships in Biomedical Research. This is a mentored Fellowship programme that provides a unique opportunity for promising postdoctoral researchers to carry out high-quality biomedical research in India towards building an independent research career.
This call expires in :
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites applications for the Early Career Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research. That is a mentored Fellowship programme which offers a special chance for promising postdoctoral researchers to perform high-quality biomedical research in India towards developing an independent research career.
- Applicant must be in the final year of PhD or possess no more than four years of post-PhD research experience from the date of PhD viva to the invited full application submission deadline (tentatively in October 2019 for the present round of competition); due consideration will be given to justified career breaks
- The applicant may have/be pursuing PhD in almost any area of science
- There are no limitations based on age or nationality
- The applicant does not need to be resident in India while applying, but ought to be aspiring to launch an independent research career in India
- Applicant must decide on a non-profit host institution in India which can administer the Fellowship for the entire duration (five years) of their award based on India Alliance conditions and policies.
- The applicant may or may not have a faculty position
- The full spectrum of biomedical science from fundamental molecular and cellular studies through Clinical and Public Health research**
- Interdisciplinary projects are welcome
The 5-year Fellowship typically provides:
- Competitive personal support
- Generous research funds
- Funding to work overseas for up to 2 years and develop global collaborations
Essentials on the preliminary application:
- Outline (750 words) of a research proposal that seeks to answer an original biomedical research query
- A Fellowship Supervisor Who’d guide the applicant in the proposed research and a letter of support to this conclusion; the proposed research is expected to complement and take advantage of the Fellowship Supervisor’s research interests and expertise
- An additional letter of recommendation
How to Apply:
Preliminary application forms will soon be available from 23 July 2019 (9 AM IST) at the India Alliance online application System (IASys)
The preliminary application deadline is 2 PM IST on 20 August 2019.
Editor’s Note: wellcome trust india calls, dbt india alliance calls, early careers fellowships, wellcome trust-dbt india alliance early careers fellowships, wellcome trust-dbt india fellowships, for more such notifications, keep up with Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also check out the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.