India-Japan Cooperative Science Programme 2019 – DST, Govt of India
The official notification for the DST India-Japan Cooperative Science Programme (IJCSP) Call for Proposals 2019. Submit proposals for Joint Research Projects and Joint
Workshops/Seminars. Interested and eligible candidates check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
INDIA-JAPAN COOPERATIVE SCIENCE PROGRAMME (IJCSP)
CALL FOR PROPOSALS-2019
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi and also the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) conduct the India-Japan Cooperative Science Programme (IJCSP) to promote bilateral scientific collaboration between Japanese and Indian scientists. Applications are invited from eligible Indian researchers /scientists to submit proposals for Joint Research Projects and Joint Workshops/Seminars under IJCSP.
Areas of cooperation: The support is available to the following scientific areas:
Natural Systems: Life Sciences and Bioengineering
1. Molecular and Chemical Biosciences
2. Biotechnology and Bioengineering
3. Medical Biosciences
4. Cognitive Science
Who can Apply:
- The joint application has to comprise one Indian and one Japanese Principal Investigators, who’d be responsible for technical in Addition to administrative Co-ordination of the project and its periodic scientific and fiscal reporting to The DST/ JSPS respectively.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) and other investigators in India ought to be Scientists/ faculty members working in routine capacity in UGC recognized Universities/ Deemed Universities/ Academic Institutes and National Research & Development Laboratories/ Institutes. It’s preferred that a member of this project Team may be called Co-PI.
- The Japanese PIs has to be full time researchers employed at Universities or Other research associations recognized by JSPS. Further details in regard to Japanese participants JSPS site (www.jsps.gov.jp) could be referred to.
Please, note that on the Indian side applicant already implementing two Projects financed by the International Division of DST isn’t eligible to submit The project against this particular call.
The Duration of the Project:
The duration of the projects would be up to 2 years. (Visits to be finished within 1 year and 10 months).
Kind of support available:
- The sending side would provide the international travel cost and receiving side Will provide local hospitality including accommodation charges, per-diem and local travel. DST provides the following support under the Programme:
- For Indian Researchers — Cost of International airfare to and from the Designated research location, visa fee, airport taxation, overseas medical Insurance premium for the approved visit duration and airport transfers in India.
- For joint workshops/seminars to be organized in India, the local travel cost of Selected Indian participants and organizing expenses might also be considered For support according to DST criteria.
- For Japanese Researchers — Cost of accommodation in a guest house, per Diem and domestic travel expenses in India such as airport transfers according to DST norms.
Guidelines for Proposal Submission:
- Duly filled applicable application forms distributed by Department of Science and Tech (also available on the sites www.dst.gov.in in India and www.jsps.gov.jp in Japan) that are accepted by the heads of the institutions of the coordinators.
- Curricula vitae of both research teams.
- Letter of intent exchanged between the coordinators of this project.
- The deadline for the submission of proposals will be 4th September 2019.
- The Indian researchers can download the proposal formats from websites www.dst.gov.in/www.onlinedst.gov.in and ought to submit completed Application form and all relevant information. Proposals should be submitted to DST throughout the e-application system provided at www.onlinedst.gov.in. Indian Applicants may also be asked to send three hard copies (1 original + two Copies) to DST by 4th September 2019 through proper channel. It Ought to Be Ensured that application with an identical title has been submitted by his / her Japanese counterpart to JSPS by due date.
- Proposal submitted only on one side won’t be considered.
- Japanese Principal Investigators Will Need to submit proposals with a matching Joint research project / seminars plan to JSPS concurrently. Japanese Researchers are asked to contact JSPS due to their application submission Period, documents to be submitted etc.
- Proposals must be submitted (hard copies for evaluation) to the following Address:
Dr (Mrs) Ujjwala Tripti Tirkey
Scientist ‘F’/Director, Room No. 19 B, S&T Block I,
International Cooperation (Bilateral),
Department of Science and Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi 110016 Tel: +91 (0)11 2659 0377; +91 (0)11 2686 4642
- Soft copies of the proposals must be sent to [email protected]
Assessment of Proposals:
- Proposals will be evaluated independently by the Department of Science and Tech in India and JSPS in Japan with their own processes. Conclusion Towards financing will be mutually agreed dependent on the gradings (on 1 to 10 Scale ) received on the 2 sides. Coordinators are likely to be informed in March/April 2020 about evaluation results. The jointly approved projects are Likely to be started in June 2020.
- Please be aware that just jointly submitted proposals to DST and JSPS is going to be considered.
- For further information please contact DST officials and JSPS at the Coordinates given above.
For detailed guidelines and application format, please visit International Cooperation (Bilateral) in https://onlinedst.gov.in/Projectproposalformat.aspx
DEADLINE DATE FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSALS: 4th September 2019
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: India-Japan Cooperative Science Programme, India Japan Science Programme 2019, IJCSP 2019, dbt india call for proposals, IJCSP notification, IJCSP notification, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – for more details on the same and also follow us on all of our social media. And check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.