ICMR-Newton Fund Researcher Official Notification
The official notification for the Indian Council of Medical Research & British Council UK Researcher Links Workshops under the Newton Bhabha Fund programme has been released. Indian nationals are encouraged to check out all of the details of this below and apply for the same:
This call expires in :
Indian Council of Medical Research has partnered with British Council UK for the Researcher Links Workshops under the Newton Bhabha Fund programme.
Newton Researcher Links Workshops bring together early-career researchers from the united kingdom and a partner nation to make international connections which may enhance the standard of the research.
Once funded, grants are available for early-career researchers in the united kingdom and the country hosting the workshop to attend. These grants are financed under the Newton Fund, a UK Government initiative funded by the UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), together with spouse funders from all over the world.
The Fund intends to promote the economic development and welfare of either the partner countries or, through working together with the partner country, to deal with problems of low-income and vulnerable populations.
Researcher links grants are made to provide financial aid to bring along a UK/Indian bilateral cohort of early career researchers to take part in workshops to satisfy the overarching objectives.
Every workshop will be co-ordinated by 2 Leading or Established Researchers, (Principal Applicants), one from every country, and will focus on a particular research area.
Priority areas: Partner nations may specify priority areas and will only accept applications within these. Priority areas are listed in the guidelines document.
ODA requirement: All applications must satisfy the mandatory relevance to economic development or social welfare of the partner country – view guidelines document that can be found in the downloads section.
The thematic research areas are:
- Elimination Strategy for HIV — together with the following sub-themes:
a) The test-and-treat strategy along with other potential strategies for HIV elimination including themes such as —
- Treatment as prevention for HIV AIDS that highlights the impact of treatment on the transmission dynamics of HIV in populations;
- Other possible elimination strategies.
b) Challenges to elimination such as topics such as —
- Resistance, Social behavioural aspect and persistent HIV infection
- Dynamics of HIV reservoirs
2. HIV-TB co-infection — together with subsequent sub-themes:
a) Understanding TB latency now and its opportunities for HIV and TB programs including topics include —
- Current Choices for treatment and diagnosis and for TB latent infection;
- New strategy/ formulas for treating latent TB infection: opportunities and challenges;
- Reach all needing treatment of latent TB & and its own opportunities for HIV and TB programs.
b) Finding synergies between the HIV and TB programs such as topics like —
- TB prevention in HIV-associated TB: Opportunities and challenges;
- New regimens for both TB and HIV.
- Leading or Established Researchers can apply to be Principal Applicants (according to the EC – download information here ).
- Each proposal should have one Principal Applicant from the united kingdom, in addition to a Principal Applicant from the partner countries listed above.
- Please download and see the list of eligible UK research institutions (in the Downloads section).
Other eligibility criteria apply – for complete eligibility criteria, please read the guidelines document available in the downloads section.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a completed application form through the British Council online application system.
Prior to applying, kindly go to the site https://www.britishcouncil.org/education/science/current-opportunities/newton-fund-researcher-links-workshops?_ga=2.261486093.1636826022.1563263022 1592752652.1562737002 for the details.
- In case you have any queries, please contact [email protected]
- In your email, please specify that you’re enquiring about the Newton Fund Researcher Links Workshops call.
After applying, a soft copy of the proposal may please be submitted to the undersigned for the record.
Contact person(s) at ICMR:
Dr. Reema Roshan
International Health Division (IHD)
ICMR Hqrs, New Delhi
Email: r[email protected]
Scientist G & Head
International Health Division
Tele Fax. 91-11-26588755, Tele. 26589794,26588980
Dr. Harpreet Sandhu
International Health Division
Tele Fax. 91-11-26589492, Tele. 26589794,26588980
Closing Date: The last date of submission of applications is 9th August 2019.
Editor’s Note: ICMR-Newton Fund Researcher Official Notification, Newton Bhabha Fund programme, Indian Council of Medical Research British Council UK, ICMR-Newton Fund Researcher Link workshops 2019. Make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our Podcast that is available for free listen on SoundCloud.