SERB-FICCI Prime Minister’s Fellowship
The official notification for the SERB – FICCI Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research has been released. The focus areas for this range from science and engineering to medicine. Interested and eligible Indian nationals are encouraged to check out all of the details on the same below:
Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research
Duration: 4 Years
Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research scheme is a prestigious initiative of Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science & Technology, Government of India to the advancement of university research engagements Consistent with industry requirement. The scheme encourages full-time PhD scholars to pursue research in”focus areas” identified by industries and of national priorities. You will find 100 slots of fellowships available yearly to researchers to pursue PhD in reputed tech and research institutions in India. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) on behalf of SERB implements the scheme.
Area of Research
Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, and Medicine
The candidates for the Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research Scheme must:
- Indian National
- Full-time PhD registered with any academic or research institution offering PhD degree
- Apply within 14 months of PhD admission/registration whichever date is earlier
- Complete all required academic qualification in past
- Have an industry partner to sponsor 50 percent of the fellowship (Rs.4lakhs per annum)
Selection Process & Parameter
Final selection for the award of SERB’s Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research will be done after a rigorous selection Procedure
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
The IP ownership will be mutually decided by partnering academic institution, PhD scholar along with the sponsoring industry. SERB & FICCI will hold no right on IP (if any) generated out of the PhD research.
Awarded scholars will undergo periodic review on the progress of the research work and achievement of milestones. Scholars will showcase their work during the review meetings.
Only online applications through program website are going to be accepted. Don’t send any physical copy of the application and supporting documents.
Candidates can apply to the SERB’s Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research Scheme at any time of the year at www.serbficci-iirrada.in
Documents to be submitted
- Recent Passport Size Picture
- PhD Enrolment & Registration Certificate
- 10th, 12th, Graduation & Post-Graduation Certificate
- Scan of Other Degree / Diploma Certificate (if applicable)
- Profile of host institute
- Bio-data of PhD Supervisor, not exceeding 3 pages
- Profile of Partner Company with Logo
- Bio-data of Industry Mentor, not exceeding 3 pages
- Undertaking from the Research Supervisor and Head of the Organization of the Institute / University
- Undertaking from the Industry Partner in the Research Project
- Letter from the Industry Partner (on company’s letterhead) on the research problem and the future plans for implementation, if any
Editor’s Note: SERB – FICCI Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research, PMRF Scheme 2019, PMRF Doctoral Scheme, SERB-FICCI PMRF for Doctoral Research 2019, Latest PMRF Doctoral Scheme 2019, latest FICCI PMRF Scheme 2019, make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media platforms for the latest in the life sciences industry.