ICRISAT Latest Scientific Officer Jobs
MSc Plant Breeding & Genetics Scientific Officer vacancy is available at ICRISAT. ICRISAT hiring for research vacancies, and msc candidates with plant breeding & genetics as a qualification are eligible. Scientific Officer jobs for msc candidates. Check out all the details posted below on the same:
This job expires in :
Name of Job: SCIENTIFIC OFFICER – WORLD VEGETABLE CENTER
Name of the Project: “Genetic Enhancement of Minor Pulses: Characterization, Evaluation, Genetic Enhancement and Generation of Genomic Resources for Accelerated Utilization and Improvement of Minor Pulses”
Funded By: Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India.
Working under the guidance of the project leader to execute project activities such as —
- Conduct laboratory, glasshouse and field experiments on screening for biotic and abiotic stress resistance/tolerance in legumes
- Conduct plant hybridization actions in legumes
- Conduct marker assisted selection
- Data collection and collation and maintenance of databases
- Preparation of research reports and papers
- Conduct research work activities as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in plant hybridization
- Sound knowledge of plant breeding and genetics
- Expertise in marker-assisted selection
- Outstanding communication and computer skills, with fluency in spoken and written
- English and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- MSc. In Plant Breeding or some related field with a great academic record
- At least three years of experience in laboratory, glasshouse and field operations
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) cadre position, for a year, renewable on a yearly basis depending on performance and the project’s continuing need for this position.
How to Apply:
Applicants must apply on or before 30 April 2019 with newest Curriculum Vitae and the names and contact info of 3 references which are knowledgeable about your professional credentials and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; nevertheless just short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Deadline: on or before 30 April, 2019
Editor’s Note: ICRISAT jobs, icrisat careers, icrisat vacancies, scientific officer jobs, scientific officer posts, scientific jobs, icrisat, icrisat careers, icrisat vacancies, icrisat careers, icrisat vacancies, icrisat jobs, icrisat vacancies, icrisat jobs, icrisat recruitment. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – a free service and also follow us on all of our social media. Also, check out the Podcast we have for free listen on a weekly basis on SoundCloud.