British Govt Bangalore Life Science Job With Upto Rs 60,000 pm Salary
Here is an exclusive Job opening in the British High Commission located in Bangalore – British Govt Bangalore Life Science Job. The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
This job expires in :
Job Category: Department for International Trade roles
Job Subcategory: Department for International Trade (DIT)
Application deadline: 24 April 2019
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Working hours per week: 40
Location (City): Bangalore
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Starting monthly salary (INR): 58,642
- For other than BHC candidates, salary will be Rs 58,642 per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Superannuation fund.
- Additionally, the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes an annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with Rs 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
Start Date: 1 May 2019
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities): Main purpose of job:
The Department for International Trade (DIT), operating from the British High Commission network, is looking to fill a vacancy in our trade team at the British Deputy High Commission in Bangalore. The primary role will be to assist UK companies in the sectors of Healthcare and Life sciences to do business in India, with the possibility of working across other priority sectors for DIT. The individual will have to work on the three pillars: Market development, Market Access, and Commercial opportunities in order to achieve this.
The role would include management of strategic relationships with industry contacts, and relevant Government departments in Karnataka, including updating our internal SRM tools. The job holder will also be expected to support internal official visits and events, and trade delegations.
Healthcare and Life Sciences industry, comprising Pharmaceuticals, Medical Technology, and Digital Health, are key focus areas for DIT in India. Working with your manager and colleagues, you will identify and develop an extensive range of contacts in businesses, trade and other government organizations in these sectors, to seek out opportunities for UK businesses, thereby contributing to DIT trade targets.
You will also be a part of the wider virtual Healthcare & Life sciences sector team in India, reporting to the Senior Trade Officer, and will need to be a self-starter, able to manage your own time effectively, evaluating options, impacts, risks and solutions – knowing when and how to seek advice from others. You will also be expected to make a positive contribution to the wider DIT and One-HMG (Her Majesty’s Government) team in India.
The job holder will require :
- To liaise with senior management of Indian hospitals, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and diagnostics in Karnataka, and develop a key account management strategy.
- To identify opportunities for trade between the UK and India in the above-mentioned areas, and build a pipeline for your region.
- To ensure delivery of targets including, Export Wins, Service Deliveries, Overseas Direct Investment.
- To identify market access barriers for UK companies, and work with trade policy team on resolving them.
- To update internal SRM tools, and extract and disseminate required information to team members.
- To contribute and deliver on planned marketing activities to promote UK healthcare and life sciences companies.
- To be flexible working cross-sectors if needed.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
Identifying companies in Healthcare and Life Sciences who may be sources of opportunities for UK companies, delivering a pipeline of export opportunities for the UK in Karnataka. Support UK companies looking to invest in India where agreed (case-by-case basis), support our trade policy objectives for the sector (e.g. identifying and tackling market access barriers); and support work on longer-term strategic priorities. In doing so, contribute to delivering DIT’s agreed ambitions for export and overseas direct investment wins, and other metrics for the sectors e.g. customer satisfaction/quality, formulating and managing a stakeholder engagement plan to visit these companies.
Ability to communicate with clarity, conviction, integrity, and enthusiasm, keeping internal and external stakeholders informed at all times. Updating relevant and useful sector export/ business opportunities and other information on internal SRM tools.
Ability to work cross sectors if needed, and support wider UK Government objectives, including delivery on events, Ministerial/VIP visits and activities, and trade delegations.
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience Language requirements:
Level of language required: Fluent
Qualifications: Graduate/post-graduate. Candidates without the required educational qualifications but with exceptional practical experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant commercial/business experience.
- An understanding of Healthcare and Life Sciences sector, with an ability to quickly develop contacts in the sector.
- Strong analytical skills to search out significant opportunities for UK business.
- Excellent interpersonal, team working and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with senior level decision makers in the business world.
- Experience of working in trade/investment promotion.
- Experience of working in hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, diagnostic laboratories and medical device companies in India or the UK is an added advantage.
- Experience of working as part of a dispersed team.
- Marketing and presentational skills
Required competencies: Collaborating and Partnering, Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
- The BHC is recognized as a good employer, with robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organizational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
- Around half of our workforce is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
- This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Working patterns: You will be required to support sector and Post related activities and events outside of normal working hours. Some international travel may be required.
How To Apply:
Please note applications without (a),(b) and (c) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Attach a detailed CV
C. Complete the Motivation Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers. Else the application will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by ’24 April 2019′ midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone inquiries will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
- We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, color, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
Editor’s Note: life sciences jobs, latest govt jobs, govt life sciences jobs, british high commission jobs, british high commission bengaluru jobs, bengaluru jobs, bengaluru life sciences jobs, british govt jobs, british life sciences jobs, british government jobs, british high commission current vacancies. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media for the latest in the life sciences industry.