NISER Biological Sciences PhD
The notification for the Admission to PhD Program – 2019-20 (Summer Session) has been announced at NISER Bhubaneswar. Interested applicants can check details on the eligibility criteria, courses offeres, application procedure, research areas, contact details and application link all given below:
This call expires in :
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to the PhD program scheduled to commence from 26th July 2019 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar:
1. School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
2. School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
3. School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
4. School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
5. School of Computer Sciences (SCPS)
Biological Sciences Stream:
60 Percent or equivalent GPA in Experts or M.Techin any branches of Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics and Biotechnology. Students with a Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics with interest in pursuing a career in Biology are also encouraged to apply
Requirement of Qualifying in National Level Examinations for pursuing Ph.D
School of Biological Sciences: Candidates must have qualified at least one of the National Level Examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC-NET/GATE/JEST/GPAT/DBT/ICMR /JGEEBILS or some other equivalent national level exam legitimate for the academic year 2019-2020.
(a) The cut-off marks for national examination like GATE/JEST/GPAT/NBHM/JGEEBILS/CSIR-UGC-NET etc will be further determined by every School for the applicable subject area.
(b) Those who’ve appeared for CSIR-UGC-NET examination held in December 2018 and awaiting results may also apply. However such applicants, if shortlisted need to produce the qualifying mark statement of CSIR-UGC-NET exam on the date of PhD written test/interview failing that his/her candidature will be rejected automatically.
(c) Student having INSPIRE Fellowship ONLY won’t be considered for PhD admission in NISER according to HBNI Ordinance.
The fellowship given by NISER is Rs. 25,000/for first two years, which will then be enhanced to Rs. 28,000/for remaining three years, subject to the condition which he/she fulfils all of the requirements of this Institute which will be specified from time to time.
Any upwardly revision in institute fellowship amount is going to be implemented upon receipt of orders in the Department of Atomic Energy. Fellowship obtained from external sources will be governed in accordance with the rules of their respective funding agencies.
Candidates that are appearing in the last semester/year of qualifying exam in 2019 are eligible to apply. But they ought to have scored a minimum 60 percent or equivalent grade until the end of their third semester / applicable year as the case might be. If chosen, their admission will be subject to submission of final semester/year result mark sheet wherein they ought to have obtained the requisite percent/grade as mentioned above atSl. No. 1.
Candidates with a GPA may want to produce the conversion notice (if it isn’t cited in their mark sheet) from their association towards the calculation of percentage.
School of Biological Sciences
- Regulation of cell adhesion and signalling in Helicobacter pylori-mediated gastric cancer progression.
- To understand the effects of diet, antibiotics, infection and/or dark-light cycle on commensal microbiota through the gut-brain-gut axis.
- Study of membrane biogenesis: Mechanism and regulation of nuclear remodelling and role of both dynamics along with microtubules
- Regulation of cell structure and functions by thermosensitive TRP ion channels
- Molecular Genetics and Epigenetics of Ageing Disorders: Neurodegeneration and Cancer
- Molecular Microbiology: Functional significance of membrane proteins and mechanisms underlying bacterial persistence.
- Cellular Immune Regulations associated with Cancer Immunity and Infection Immunity
- Rational drug discovery, cell and molecular target validation, Structural bioinformatics and computational biology
- Interaction of light and auxin in shaping development in plants; Role of a splice variant of constsns, CO such as and GIGANTEA in the regulation of Florigen
- Molecular Genetics of Gallbladder cancer; putative angiogenic labs and tumorigenesis
- Neuroendocrine regulation, Neural circuitry of energy balance and reproduction
- Translational Control in Drosophila development and Neurogenesis
- Structure-and-function work on two-component systems/transporters.
- Structure-function studies on terminal complex proteins of herpesviruses
- Cellular Regulation of morphogenesis and the degradation of complex cell shapes
- Mitotic apparatus in Bacterial systems, bacterial cell division, antimicrobial resistance and drug discovery
- Evolutionary origins, biogeography and systematics of biota within the Indian subcontinent
- Phylogeography and species diversification patterns
For more info please visit: https://www.niser.ac.in/sbs/page/faculty-and-area-research
Number of student intake in those advertised areas will depend on the availability of chairs with individual PIs
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the minimal educational qualifications and meet additional criteria that each school could set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented with a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
- Dependent on the academic record and also the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of this school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the PhD program.
- All candidates known for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest path from their location of residence to the Institute. They need to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.
How to Apply:
- The application form needs to be filled up on line at http://www.niser.ac.in and applicants ought to follow stepwise instructions cited completing the application submission procedure. In the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload a soft copy of the supporting documents as per the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than 1 school must fill up online application forms for each school and submit separate forms with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with the signature of the referee on the envelope ought to be produced by the pupil at the time of interview. The copy of the reference letter can be obtained online.
- NISER Doesn’t require any application fee from the candidates that apply for the PhD program
- Online application will be activated on – 02.03.2019 (Saturday)
- Last date for filling up online application – 01.04.2019 (Monday)
- List of short-listed candidates will be uploaded on NISER website latest by – School of Biological Sciences – 15.04.2019 (Monday)
- Tentative dates for test/interview will be as follows:
School of Biological Sciences: 16.05.2019 – 17.05.2019
- Each school will send the call letters to the candidates separately. Kindly refer to this Site for the announcement of their chosen candidates.
- The registration is scheduled to be held on 23rd July 2019 (Tuesday).
- In Case You Have any Additional query, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com for Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Computer Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciences respectively.
- Applicants are encouraged to visit the school web page to learn more about research activities.
Checklist for application submission:
During the online submission, you Will Have to have the following ready Together with you for uploading;
- JPEG file of your passport size photograph.
- JPEG file of your valid signatures.
- Birth Certificate/10th pass certification in support of a date of birth.
- Certification in support of category (SC/ST), just if applicable.
- Certification and indicate sheets in support of passing qualifying exam i.e Master’s degree. In case the original pass certification Isn’t issued by University then a certification In the University on its own letterhead with seal of the concerned authority certifying the Completion of degree ought to be submitted.
- Certificate/document in support of qualifying national level examination(s) viz. CSIRUGC NET/GATE/GPAT/DBT/ICMR/JEST/NBHM or some other as applicable.
- Candidates that have appeared CSIR-UGC-NET examination held in December 2018 and Are awaiting the outcome are needed to upload the CSIR-UGC-NET admit card in the Timing of submission of online application.
Address for communication and more details:
Faculty-In Charge (Academic Affairs),
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER),
P.O.-Jatni, Dist-Khurda, Odisha-752050
Phone: 0674-2494013, Fax-0674-2494004
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: NISER PhD Biological Sciences Admissions, PhD Admissions 2019 NSIER, NISER 2019 PhD Admissions, NISER 2019 Biological Sciences PhD, PhD Admission 2019-20, NISER PhD Admissions 2019, NISER PhD Admissions 2019, NISER PhD Admissions 2019-20 (Summer Session), PhD Admissions 2019-20. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more such notifications. You can also check out the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.