Chevening Fellowships & Scholarships 2019-2020 – Indians Apply to Study in UK
Exclusive Fellowships and Scholarship opportunities for Indian Nationals to study in the United Kingdom via the Chevening Awards 2019-2020. Over 12,000 courses are available for your choosing. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the fellowships and scholarships below:
This call expires in :
Chevening is the UK Government’s global awards scheme directed at developing international leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening provides two kinds of the award — Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships — both the recipients of that are selected by British embassies and high commissions across the world.
Chevening provides an exceptional chance for prospective leaders and influencers from all around the world to grow professionally and academically, community broadly, expertise UK culture, and build lasting positive connections with the United Kingdom.
Applications for Chevening Scholarships plus some Fellowships are available on 6 August 2018 for chances to study in the united kingdom in 2019/2020.
Chevening Scholarships are given to people with demonstrable leadership potential who also have strong academic backgrounds. The scholarship provides full financial aid to research for any qualified master’s degree at any UK university whilst also offering access to a vast array of exclusive academic, professional, and cultural encounters.
Benefits of a Chevening Scholarship:
- Full tuition fees paid for your master’s
- Choose from over 12,000 courses
- Study at (almost) any UK university/HEI
- Return flights to the UK covered
- Set living expenses covered
- Exclusive networking events, internships, talks, and workshops
- Exclusive trips across the UK, cultural events, competitions, and volunteering
- Join an international network of 50,000 professionals
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 11 July 2019
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019
You are not eligible for a Chevening Award if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for an award.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2016) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee (since July 2016) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening/Partner Award from the organisation for which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- (Note: Immediate relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years)
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. However, if you have previously studied under a UK Government-funded scholarship (including Chevening), you may be eligible to apply for a Chevening Fellowship five years after completion of your initial UK Government-funded scholarship.
Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
English Language Requirement:
In order to receive a Chevening Award, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019. We advise all applicants to ensure they have fulfilled the English language requirement as early as possible by either:
- Taking an English language test
- Claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
If you fail to demonstrate that you have met the required English language level by 11 July 2019 or fail to prove that you qualify for an exemption, your application will not be successful.
English language tests:
You are free to take tests more than once in order to meet the Chevening English language requirement. Please note that Chevening does not pay for costs associated with English language testing. You are responsible for booking and paying for costs associated with these tests.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge English: Advanced [CAE])
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
The English language test must have been taken from one of these providers on or after 1 October 2017. If you do not already have an existing eligible test certificate, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have booked a test date so that you can obtain the required results.
Applicants are not permitted to take pre-sessional courses to fulfil the Chevening English language requirement. You will be required to take one of the approved English language tests unless you fall into one of the exempt categories.
Applicants are not permitted to enrol on pre-sessional courses to fulfil their university’s English language requirement or any other conditions of a university offer. Any offer from a university with a requirement to undertake a pre-sessional course will be considered conditional.
The selection process for Chevening Awards can vary in length depending on which award you are applying to.
How to Apply:
The process of selecting Chevening Fellows takes a minimum of six months from the application deadline to when fellows are conditionally selected for an award. This can vary depending on which fellowship programme you are applying to. Please refer to your country’s fellowship page for further details on the timeline for the programme you are applying for.
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.
Chevening Fellowship applications:
Information specific to your fellowship is located on the fellowships’ programme webpage.
Chevening Scholarship applications:
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted utilizing the Chevening online applications system, accessible through the’Apply’ button in your country/territory’s page.
Before beginning your application, please Make Certain You have the following ready:
- Valid passport or national ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK Master’s course options
- The names and details of 2 legitimate referees
Please be aware that if you’re shortlisted for an award, you’ll have to log in to the online application system and ask a reference from your referees. The petition will generate an email to the referees and they’ll have to submit the reference by 25 February 2019.
- English language (if demands already fulfilled )
- UK Master’s university offer (if demands already fulfilled )
It is possible to submit your initial application with no optional documents and upload them to your application at any point to 11 July 2019. Please be aware that if you’re eventually conditionally chosen for a Chevening Scholarship, it’s very important that you provide proof that you satisfy the Chevening English language requirements and that you’ve got a minimum of one unconditional offer from a qualified course by 11 July 2019 so as to remain in the procedure.
Before submitting your application for a Chevening Scholarship, it is recommended that you read the following guidance pages.
- Eligibility criteria
- English language criteria
- Work experience
- Online application system
- Placement timeline
Editor’s Note: chevening scholarships, chevening fellowships, chevening awards 2019-2020, cheveneing awards 2019-2020, chevening fellowships 2019-2020, chevening scholarships 2019-20. Chekc out the free Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media.