PhD Program Admission 2018 @ IIT Indore – Official Notification
PhD Program Admission 2018 at IIT Indore. PhD Program Admission August 2018 at IIT Indore. IIT Indore Admissions 2018. Interested and eligible candidates apply for PhD Program Admission August 2018 at IIT Indore. MSc Life Sciences, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Biochemistry, System Biology check details below:
This cal expires in :
Indian Institute of Technology Indore
Advertisement for Admission to Ph.D. Program for Autumn 2018 Semester
Applications are invited from highly motivated and research-oriented students for the admission to PhD Program in the following areas of specializations of different disciplines as per the below-mentioned categories of admission and time schedule. Candidates are advised to visit the profiles of the faculty members at http://www.iiti.ac.in/People/faculty.html, discipline web pages, and the advertisement uploaded by each discipline, before applying for the PhD Program.
Candidates are selected for admission to PhD programs through a rigorous evaluation process which includes an interview by a selection committee and mere application does not imply automatic admission into the PhD program.
Applicants should apply through the online portal http://academic.iiti.ac.in:8080/nregistration.jsp . For more information, please refer to discipline specific advertisement and deadlines (online submission) mentioned below. Applications received (through the online portal) after the discipline specific deadline will be considered for the next round of PhD selection process.
Categories of Admission:
A. For Indian students: Admission to Full-Time PhD program is offered under the following categories:
- FA: Fellowship Awardees from the agencies such as CSIR, UGC, etc. or the JRF/SRF project staff working in a Sponsored Research Project under a faculty of IIT Indore being PI of the project. The Scholarship will as per the rules/guidelines of the concerned Funding Agency.
- TA: Teaching Assistantship with scholarship as per MHRD guidelines.
- SW: Sponsored from a reputed Industrial or Research organization WITHOUT any scholarship from the Institute.
- IS: Institute staff (part-time) WITHOUT any scholarship from the Institute.
- DF: Serving personnel in the defense forces WITHOUT any scholarship from the Institute.
- CT (College Teacher): Permanent Employee of the sponsoring college/ Institute/ University WITHOUT any scholarship from the Institute.
B. For International students:
- ISF (International Self Finance): Self-Financing Students.
- ISW (International Sponsored by Industry or NGO): (i) Industry Sponsorship, (ii) NGO (Non-Government Organization) Sponsorship.
- GSW: (International Sponsored by Government organization: (i) ICCR Scholarship of
Government of India, (ii) Foreign Government Sponsorship
School of Engineering : Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering (BSBE)
Minimum Education Qualification and Qualifying Examination
for Indian Students:
- Minimum first class* Master degree in Life Sciences, Microbiology, Biotechnology,
Bioinformatics, Physics, Biophysics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Mathematics, System Biology with a valid GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship OR
- Minimum first class* M. Tech degree in Computer Science and Engineering / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Biomedical / Chemical / Biotechnology / Signal Processing OR
- Minimum first class* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Biomedical / Chemical / Biotechnology / Signal Processing with a valid GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship OR
- B. Tech. degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with a minimum CPI of 8.0.
* The first class is defined as
(i) 60 % marks for GEN/OBC (55% for SC/ST) category in aggregate or as specified by the
(ii) CPI/CGPA of 6.0 for GEN/OBC (5.5 for SC/ST) category on the scale of 10 with corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than on 10 (for example 4.8 for GEN/OBC category (4.4 for SC/ST) on a scale of 8), OR
(iii) A first class as specified by the University/Institute awarding the degree.
- Candidates must apply ONLINE through our website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in:8080/nregistration.jsp). This will generate a unique application number for each applicant.
- Application Fee: 100/- Indian Rupees to be paid through State Bank Collect (Click here for Payment).
- After submitting the application online, the same is to be downloaded and the signed hard copy along with SBI collect receipt, recent photograph, TWO letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes, self-attested relevant certificates (for SW
candidates – NOC, experience certificate, last 3 months salary slips and Employer’s PAN card) must be sent to the concerned DPGC Convener at the below-mentioned address of correspondence.
- The envelope of the application must CLEARLY mention “APPLICATION for ADMISSION in PhD Program in Discipline of Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering”.
- In case a candidate wishes to apply in more than one discipline then separate application must be filled for each discipline.
FOR ANY QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT: Ph.D. Admission Cell, IIT Indore Email : [email protected]
Address for Correspondence:
Dr. Kiran Bala (DPGC Convener),
Discipline of Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Indore
Khandwa Road, Simrol
Indore 453552, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Email: [email protected]
Last date for online application : April 30, 2018
Editor’s Note: phd admission, iit indore phd admission 2018, phd program august 2018, iit indore phd august admission 2018. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – it is a free subscription service for more such notifications. You can also download out app and follow us on all of our socials.