IARI PhD Admissions 2018 – Official Notification
Onine applications for phd programme at IARI. Indian Agricultural Research Institute Admissions Online Application process. Check all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
Online applications in the prescribed forms are invited for admission to Ph.D. programmes in various disciplines of Agricultural Sciences at IARI, New Delhi.
The candidates who have appeared in the Master’s degree examination in the year 2018 are also eligible to apply provisionally for admission.
A. Open Scheme
(i) Essential Qualification for Admission
(a) Only those candidates who had their Bachelor’s Degree Programmes under 10+2+4 OR 10+1+4 system (OR awarded B.Sc. degree under 10+2+2 system prior to 1985) and fulll the qualications as prescribed in this bulletin are eligible to apply for admission.
(b) For General/OBC candidates: At least 60% marks OR an overall grade point average (OGPA) of 7.00 out of 10.00 OR 3.50 out of 5.00 OR 2.8 out of 4.00 OR 2.21 out of 3.00 in M.Sc./M.Sc. (Ag.)/M.Tech./M.E.
For SC/ST/PC/CWSF candidates: At least 55% marks OR OGPAof 6.50 out of 10.00 OR 3.25 out of 5.00 OR 2.6 out of 4.00 OR 1.95 out of 3.00 in M.Sc./M.Sc. (Ag.)/M.Tech./M.E.
In case of the universities where OGPA is awarded with equivalence of percentage marks, only OGPA will be considered for determining the eligibility qualification for appearing in the entrance examination. The percentage of marks shall be considered only for candidates coming from universities that do not award grades.
Note : Candidates who appear at the Master’s Degree final year Examination in 2018 are also eligible to apply and appear in written entrance examination provisionally for Ph.D. programme. However, they will have to submit documentary evidence of their eligibility on or before June 30, 2018 failing which they shall not be considered for Interview.
(ii) Qualification for Admission to Ph.D. degree programme in different disciplines during 2018-19 Academic Session.
Note : In case the applicants apply based on their qualification as Relevant Subject, they need to submit hard copy of transcripts for verification of courses done during M.Sc. /M.Tech.
(iii) Age Limit :
The minimum age for Ph.D. admission shall be 21 years as on 31 July, 2018. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates may apply online only. The application fee (Rs.1000/- for General/OBC Categories and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PC/CWSF Categories) has to be paid through
NEFT at any nationalised bank as per the details given in the Information Bulletin. The hard copy of application (print out of online filled Application Form) duly signed by
the candidate and complete in all respects may be submitted to the Registrar, Post Graduate School, IARI, New Delhi-110012 by 23.04.2018. Candidates are also advised to keep themselves abreast with communication from the P.G. School, IARI over their
- Candidates are required to submit their application form Online only. For instructions please refer page 24 of this Information Bulletin.
- A candidate who has already been awarded Ph.D. degree from IARI or any other university/Institute shall not be allowed for entrance examination for the same degree.
- Acandidate can apply for admission to one Discipline only.
- As a PG outreach programme of IARI, applications are also being invited for our sister Institute, ICAR-Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering, Bhopal in the discipline of Agricultural Engineering. The candidates shall exercise their choices of Institute for this discipline while applying.
- The candidates who are appearing in the Master’s Degree Examination in 2018 are also eligible to apply provisionally for admission and appear in the entrance examination, but they will have to submit documentary evidence (including mark sheet for M.Sc./M Tech. examination) of their eligibility latest by 4.30 P.M. on June 30, 2018.
Candidates who are in employment are required to take printout of their application form submitted online and send it through proper channel to the Registrar, Post Graduate School, IARI, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach by April 23, 2018. Any application received after the last date shall not be entertained. However, advance copy may be submitted to the PG School alongwith required documents and details of fees transferred through NEFT.
- Self attested copies of the following documents must be enclosed along with the print out of the Application Form submitted online failing which the application form shall not be considered.
a. Matriculation (Class X ) certificate for Proof of the date of birth
b. Master’s degree certificate and marks sheet.
c. Other Backward Class, Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and Physically Challenged Certificate (whichever is applicable) in the proforma as at Annexure-III, IV, and V, respectively from the authorities empowered to issue such certificate of verification issued not more than six months before the date of application/Admission.
d. Certificate issued by the competent authority to the children/widows of the security forces.
e. Certificate to be produced by candidates who are appearing for their M.Sc. Final examination 2018 in the proforma as at Annexure-VI alongwith the transcripts/mark sheets of the completed courses.
f. Copy of Bank counterfoil mentioning the details of NEFT transfer of fee ( 1000/- for General/OBC category and 500/- for SC/ST/PC/CWSF category) namely the (i) Name and Branch of the Bank (ii) Transaction ID and Date of payment made.
- If a candidate furnishes wrong information or suppresses any relevant information, the application is liable to be summarily rejected.
- Candidates must produce original Certificates/Testimonials and as well as one set of self attested copies of the following documents (whichever is applicable) before they join the course, if selected, failing which candidates will not be allowed to join the course.
a. Proof of the date of birth.
b. Matriculation ( Class X) or equivalent certificate and marks sheet.
c. Intermediate (Class XII) examination certificate and marks sheet.
d. Bachelor’s degree certificate and marks sheet.
e. Master’s degree certificate and marks sheet.
f. Other Backward Class, Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and Physically Challenged Certificate (whichever is applicable) in the proforma as at Annexure-III, IV, and V, respectively from the authorities empowered to issue such certificate of verification issued not more than six months before the date of application/Admission.
g. Certificate issued by the competent authority to the children/widows of the security forces.
h. Certifiate to be produced by candidates who are appearing for their M.Sc./M. Tech. Final examination 2018 in the proforma as at Annexure-VI alongwith the transcripts /mark sheets of the completed semesters / trimesters.
- Admit Cards for the Entrance Examination to be conducted on June 3, 2018 may be downloaded during May 26-June 3, 2018.
- If any document submitted by the candidate is found to be false at any stage during his/her study at IARI, his/her admission will be cancelled.
- The candidate must give a choice for Centre of Examination from the list of cities while applying ONLINE, nearest to the permanent address or the university last attended, otherwise PG School will allot the examination centre accordingly. Efforts will be made to honour the choice of centre. However, PG School may allot another centre due to any administrative reasons.
- The candidates selected for admission at IARI/CIAE, shall be required to furnish a surety bond for an amount of Rs 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand only) on non-judicial stamp paper valuing Rs. 100/- duly attested by the notary as per the Annexure VIII
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited at these Institutes premises including hostels. The following could be the possible punishments for those who are found guilty of participation in or abetment of ragging. The quantum of punishment shall, naturally, depend upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Disciplinary Committee or the court of law.
Cancellation of admission.
Suspension from attending classes. Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits. Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
Debarring from representing the institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc. Expulsion from the hostel.
Expulsion from the institution for periods varying from 1 to 3 trimesters.
Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution. Fine up to Rs. 25,000/-.
Rigorous imprisonment up to three years.
- Medical insurance is compulsory for all the students admitted at these Institutes, charges of which shall be borne by the student himself/herself.
- The entrance examination for Academic Session 2018 will be conducted in the cities namely;Anand, Bengaluru, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jabalpur, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Patna, Pune, Udaipur and Varanasi.
All enquiries should be addressed to the:
(i) Last Date for Receipt of Application : April 16, 2018
(ii) Last Date for Receipt of Application through Proper channel and
documents submission for online Application Form : April 23, 2018
(iii) Download Admit Card : May 26-June 03, 2018
(iv) Entrance Examination : June 03, 2018
(v) Download Interview Letter : June 25-July 02, 2018
(vi) Interview : July 02, 2018
(vii) Announcement of Result : July 07, 2018
(viii) Download Final Selection Letter : July 16-July 27, 2018
- Download Notification Click Here
- Download Information Bulletin for IARI Ph.D. entrance exam for academic session 2018-19 Click Here
- Download Instruction manual for filling online Application form Click Here
- Important Dates Click Here
- Format for Annexure Click Here
- Contact Click Here
- Information Bulletin & Annexures
Editor’s Note: phd admissions, 2018 phd admissions, 2018-19 phd admissions, icar admissions, icar-iari admissions, iari admissions, indian agricultural research institute admissions.IARI PhD Admissions 2018 – Official Notification Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook.