Applications Invited for Translational Research Award in INfectious diseases (TRAIN) @ THSTI
This call expires in :
TRAIN is a post-doctoral research program initiated by THSTI to impart training in translational research to candidates with doctoral degree in biological sciences. Selected candidates will be involved in large infectious disease research programs/projects involving human cohorts/clinical trials and are expected to work at the interface of biology and clinical research. Candidates will be jointly mentored by biologists and clinical researchers during the course of their fellowship. The focus areas include epidemiology, immunology, pathogenesis, drug and vaccine development, and diagnostics for viral and bacterial diseases (Eg: Dengue, Hepatitis, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis etc.,).
Essential Qualifications: Ph.D in biological sciences with at least one research
article in a peer-reviewed journal indexed in PUBMED as first author.
Candidates who have submitted their thesis and are waiting for the award of the
degree may also apply. However they should have an accepted first-author
publication at the time of application.
Desirable Qualifications: Doctoral research in the areas of infectious diseases,
immunology, and microbiology with exposure to clinical research. Expertise in
handling human clinical samples, animal models of disease and in vitro assays
relevant to infectious disease research.
Age: 30 years or less.
Emoluments: Rs. 60,000/- per month consolidated in the first two years with
performance-based revision in emoluments after second year.
Period: 3-5 years depending on the annual performance reviews
How to Apply:
1. All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
2. The date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for online applications in each cycle.
3. Candidates who have applied earlier or interviewed earlier will not be considered again.
4. Applicants should send their detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org duly mentioning “Application for TRAIN” in the subject. For any clarifications, the applicants may send their queries to email@example.com .
5. Applications will be screened and candidates will be interviewed up to four times in a year (January, April, July and October) depending on the number of applications. Deadline for applications for each quarter: March 31st, June 30th, Sept 30th, Dec 31st
6. All results will be published on our website and all future communications will be only through email.
7. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification
8. Call for applications will remain open till suitable candidates are found.
Application Deadline – Dec 31st 2017
Editor’s Note: Make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter. For more on phd scholarships, scholarships in india, biotech scholarships, training programmes, biotech training programs, biotech india scholarships, indian phd scholarships, phd biotech in india, indian biotech student scholarships follow Biotecnika on all of its social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook. You can subscribe to the Newsletter and it is a free service.