Biotechnology Industrial Research Assistance Council established University Innovation Cluster in Anna University to professionally support students in the ideation stage to establish their Biotech start-up.
The attractive fellowship is highly competitive.
Motivated students with passion for innovation and drive for start-ups can apply with their proposal to this UIC.
Who Can Apply?
Students who have completed their Bachelors/Masters/Doctorates (B.Tech/ M.Tech/ M.Sc/Ph.D) in areas of Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering / Life Science / Clinical medicines / Bio chemistry / Bio Physics/ Chemical Engineering/ Chemistry/ Food Technology/ Pharmaceutical Technology & allied disciplines.
BIRAC Innovation Fellowships
- Post Docs: Rs. 50,000/- per month and BIRAC Innovation Grant of Rs. 5,00,000/- per year
- Post Bachelor/Master: Rs. 30,000/- per month and BIRAC Innovation Grant of Rs. 2,00,000/- per year.
- Grant period is 2 years
- Mentoring support and Project monitoring by UIC, BIRAC and Industry
Scope & Support of BIRAC Innovation Fellowship:
- It is for Students/young Entrepreneurs to test their ideas/discoveries and take them to Proof of Concept.
- It is Pre-incubation support to innovative ideas, innovators for effective translation into products thereof.
- Focus area: BIOTECHNOLOGY / BIOMEDICAL / HEALTHCARE
- The selected BIRAC Innovation Fellows should work at UIC, Anna University.
How to Apply?
Proposal has to be submitted by both hard copy and soft copy in the format given in the website: https://www.annauniv.edu/uic/index.html. Candidates who have already applied need not apply again.
Proposal submission closes on 08th September 2017