ICAR-INDIAN VETERINARY RESEARCH INSTITUTE
IZATNAGAR-243 122 (UP) INDIA
ADMISSION NOTICE FOR Ph.D. SESSION 2017-18
A competitive written examination on all India basis for admission to the Ph.D. Programme, including sponsored candidates, in the following disciplines will be held on 7th May, 2017 as per schedule notified in the Information Bulletin-2017-18 uploaded on IVRI Website. The
successful candidates in the written examination will have to appear in the interview to be held from 12th June, 2017 to 17th June, 2017.
The details of interview schedule of the successful candidates will be uploaded on the website of IVRI along with the result of aforesaid written entrance examination.
- Animal Biochemistry
- Animal Biotechnology
- Animal Genetics & Breeding
- Animal Nutrition
- Livestock Production & Management
- Livestock Products Technology
- Poultry Science
- Vet. Microbiology
- Vet. Extension Education
- Vet. Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Vet. Medicine
- Vet. Parasitology
- Vet. Pathology
- Vet. Pharmacology
- Vet. Physiology
- Vet. Public Health & Epidemiology
- Vet. Surgery & Radiology
The candidates for admission to PhD programme must have MVSc degree in the concerned discipline with a minimum CGPA 6.50/10.00 scale, 3.25/5.00 scale, 2.60/4.00 scale for General and OBC categories and 5.50/10.00 scale, 2.75/5.00 scale, 2.20/4.00 scale for SC/ST/ Physically challenged/ Sponsored candidates, respectively from any recognized University in India or where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured atleast 60% marks for General/OBC category. For SC/ST/Physically challenged/ Sponsored category candidates, the minimum percentage of marks will be 50%. The minimum age for admission for Ph.D. shall be ‘23’ years and there will be no upper age limit. The age shall be reckoned as on 1st August, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY: –
Information Bulletin and Application form for admission in PhD programme can either be obtained from the Assistant Administrative Officer (Academic), IVRI, Izatnagar-243122, Bareilly (UP) Or can be downloaded from Institute website (www.ivri.nic.in) and should be
submitted along with printed e-receipt downloaded from the State Bank Portal, of Rs.1200/- for General/OBC/Sponsored/PH (General, OBC) category and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST/PH(SC,ST) category candidates. The requisite fee as per applicable category can be deposited online through ‘FEES’ link in ‘Student Fee Deposit Gateway’ on the website of IVRI. (Link: https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm?corpID=640979).
Important Dates for all PhD students:
Sale of Application forms:
(a) From University Counter : March 01 to 31, 2017
(b) By post : March 01 to 25, 2017
- Last date of receipt of application forms : April 01, 2017 ( up to 5:00 p.m.)
- Last date of receipt of application forms (Andaman & Nicobar Island, Lakshadweep State/U.T. in the North Eastern Region, Ladakh Division of J&K State & Sikkim) : April 15, 2017 ( up to 5:00 p.m.)
- Date of Written Entrance Examination : May 07, 2017 (Sunday)
- Interview Schedule : June 12 to 17, 2017
1. In case, a candidate has appeared for the qualifying degree examination for admission and the result has not been announced, he/she may still complete the application except the academic record relating to last examination. The candidate will be required to submit his/her qualifying degree certificate at the time of registration/admission. This is a mandatory requirement to all the candidates.
2. 15%, 7.5%, 27% & 3% seats are reserved for SC, ST, OBC & Physically Challenged candidates respectively, subject to their being
otherwise eligible as specified in detail of the information bulletin.
3. Postal delay will not be the responsibility of the Institute.
4. For further and specific details, candidates may refer Information Bulletin 2017-18, available on IVRI website www.ivri.nic.in.