Official Notification for Bioinformatics National Certification Exam ( BINC ) – 2016 by DBT – Also Check the Eligiblity and Syllabus for BINC 2016 Below :
Department of Biotechnology
Ministry of Science & Technology
Bioinformatics National Certification ( BINC ) Examination- 2016
Pondicherry University,Puducherry,on behalf of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, conducted the BINC examination in 2015. The objective of this examination is to certify bioinformatics professionals, trained formally as well as self-trained.Registration is open from April 13,2016 to May 13,2016. Pondicherry University, Puducherry has been identified as a nodal agency by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India to coordinate this examination along with nine centres namely, Pune University, Pune; Anna University, Chennai; Bose Institute, Kolkata; Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology, Bangalore; North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad; University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram; Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati.
DBT has agreed to fund Research fellowships for all the BINC qualified Indian nationals to pursue Ph.D. in Indian Institutes/Universities.
Note that the candidate must possess a postgraduate degree(or equivalent) & meet the criteria of the institutes/universities in order to avail research fellowship.
In addition, cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- will be awarded to the top 10 BINC qualifiers.
Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences,Chemical Sciences,Mathematical Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary, Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering & Technology are eligible to appear in the examination. They need not have any formal training viz., certificate, diploma or degree in Bioinformatics. Students in final year of Bachelor & Post graduate degree are also eligible to apply. International students are also eligible to apply.
Its is notified that the next Bioinformatics National Certification ( BINC ) Examination will be conducted by Pondicherry University in Two Phases :
|Paper||Type||Date of Exam||No. of questions||Marks||Duration||Time|
|Paper I|| Objective|
| June 12, 2016|
|100||100||2 hours||10:00 – 12:00|
|Paper II||Short answers|| June 26, 2016|
|20||200||3 hours||09:00 – 12:00|
|Paper III||Practicals|| June 26, 2016|
|1||100||2 hours||Batch 1:|
14:00 – 16:00
16:30 – 18:30
- The syllabus consists of six sections – Bioinformatics, Biology, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematics & Statistics, Information Technology.
- Syllabus for Paper-I (All Subjects Basic) Download syllabus of Paper I
- Syllabus for Paper-II (All Subjects Advanced) Download syllabus of Paper II
- Syllabus for Paper-III (Bioinformatics and Information Technology: Basic & Advanced) Download syllabus of Paper III
- Syllabus for All Papers
- Download Syllabus for All Papers
- Download Sample Question for Paper-I
- Download Sample Questions for Paper-II (Changed in 2015)
- Download Sample Questions for Paper III will be computer based practical and will include programming on Bioinformatics.
Important points to note:
- For Paper I there will be negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
- The list of successful candidates in the Paper I will be announced on June 15, 2016 on the website.
- Candidates securing 40% or above marks in Paper I ONLY will be eligible to appear for Paper II and III.
- Candidates scoring a minimum of 40% or above in each papers(Paper I, Paper II & Paper III) will be certified.
- Final list will be displayed at the BINC website.
How to Apply :
The candidates who desire to appear in the BINC 2016 Exam may see the detailed notification available on the BINC website : http://www.pondiuni.edu.in/exams/binc/
Application Instructions :
- At the time of application you must have:
– Valid email address
– Demand Draft drawn in favour of:
Finance Officer, Pondicherry University, Payable at Puducherry (Nationalised Bank Only).
– Rs. 600 for General category, Rs. 400 for Women/OBC,Rs.200 for SC/ST and US$100 for foreign students. Examination fee is waived for Physical Challenged candidates.
- Apply online only once.
- After filling application form online, you must take printout and also save on your disk.
- Note that your application number will be your login id.
- Write your name and application number on reverse of Demand Draft.
- Do not send the photocopies of academic certificates / marksheets etc. along with application form.
- Certificates in support of reservation category should only be attached with the application form. (Applicable only to Indian students)
- Send the hard copy of the duly filled signed application form along with demand draft and caste certificate (if applicable) to the following address:
Dr. Basant K. Tiwary
Centre for Bioinformatics
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet
The candidates are required to apply Online from April 13. 2016 onwards.
The last Date for applying online id May 13, 2016
Please contact Coordinator, BINC, Centre for Bioinformatics, Pondicherry University, Puducherry for further details.
Email : [email protected]
Important Dates :
|BINC advertisement||April 11, 2016|
|BINC online registration starts from||April 13, 2016|
|Registration period||April 13 – May 13, 2016|
|Last date of receipt of printed application form||May 20, 2016|
|Display of eligible candidates on the website||May 23, 2016|
|Availability of admit card for Paper-I on the website||May 23, 2016|
|Examination dates||Part I (Paper I) – June 12, 2016|
Part II (Paper II & III) – June 26, 2016
|BINC 2016 Results||July 15, 2016|
|Distribution of BINC Certificates, DBT-BINC-JRF award letters & booklets||To be announced|
|Intimation of acceptance/rejection of DBT-DBT-BINC-JRF awardees||To be announced|
|Distribution of DBT-BINC-JRF award letters||To be announced|