About the Institute:
IISER Mohali started its academic programs in 2007 with a small batch of students in the BS-MS dual degree program. Four batches of students have completed the course requirements and have been awarded their degrees. The PhD program was started in 2008 and most of the students who joined then have graduated. The Integrated PhD program was started in 2012.
IISER Mohali’s fully residential campus is coming up on 125 acres of land given by the Punjab Government, in the Knowledge City at Sector 81 Mohali. Most of the buildings in the initial phase have been completed and are in use. With a faculty of 70, various programs for 870 students are being conducted along with cutting edge research in basic sciences.
INDIAN INSTITUTES OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
Admissions to BS-MS Dual Degree Programme 2016
5 Year BS-MS Dual Degree Programme:
- Five year dual degree programme for highly motivated science students who have passed class XII examination.
- Classroom learning integrated with research providing ample scope for interdisciplinary interactions.
- Exposure to the breadth of science in the first two years.
- Exploration of a discipline in depth during the following years.
- First-hand experience in the cutting edge research during the last year.
- Fully residential programme with well equipped hostels.
- Adequate sports, medical and recreational facilities.
Candidates passing class XII board examination in 2015 or in 2016 in science stream along with any of the following criteria are eligible:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY): Valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2016-17 academic session. Additional cut-off criteria may be applicable.
- IIT-JEE Advanced 2016: Students securing at least 60% marks in class XII and securing a place in JEE Advanced 2016 rank llist for admissions to IITs. Additional cut-off criteria may be applicable.
- State and Central Boards (SCB): Students with marks equal or above the cut-off percentage in class XII board examinations, as notified in www.iiseradmission.in
Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear and qualify the IISER Aptitude Test which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
All BS-MS students are eligible for KVPY or INSPIRE Scholarship of Rs. 5000/- p.m. as per DST norms subject to continued good academic performance.
- Highly competent and motivated faculty with passion for teaching and pursuing research in frontier areas of science.
- Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting edge research.
- Opportunities for research across disciplines, summer research programmes and final year devoted to a research project.
How to Apply:
- Applications for the admission are to be submitted online only at www.iiseradmission.in
- The application portal will open in the fourth week of May 2016.
- Please follow the instructions for filling the application form and other relevant details on the website.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 750/- for candidates applying under SC/ST category)
Please go through the FAQ section on the website carefully before filling up the form. All inquiries must be directed to the Chairman, Joint Admissions Committee 2016.
- Website : http://www.iiseradmission.in
- E-mail : [email protected]
- Phone : +91 33 6634 0077 (10 am to 1 pm on weekdays)