Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar is an engineering and technology higher education institute, located at Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. It is one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 which establishes the eight new IITs as well as declares IT-BHU as Indian Institute of Technology.
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar invites application for admission to Ph.D. Programme from candidates in the following categories:
- Institute Scholar
- Sponsored Scholar
- Project Scholar (Projects running at IIT Bhubaneswar)
Current topics of research at the School of Basic Sciences are as follows:
Biophysical Chemistry: Protein Chemistry & Spectroscopy, Structure-Function Elucidation of Various Small Heat Shock Proteins Related to Different Diseases (Cataract, Leprosy and Tuberculosis); Biochemistry, Enzymology, G-protein Coupled Receptors & Signal Transduction, Chemical and Cellular Biology, Peptide/Protein Design & Engineering, Computational Biology.
Coordination Aspects of Homo and Heterometallic Complexes; Metal Based Drug Design, Nanoparticle Based Sensors; Magneto Chemistry of Grid Complexes and Coordination Polymers, Bioinorganic Perspective of Coordination Complexes, Fluorescent Chemosensors, Coordination Complexes as Contrast Agent for MRI; Carbohydrate Chemistry, Synthetic Methods Development, Bioactive Natural and Unnatural Products Synthesis; Supramolecular Chemistry, Molecular Recognition; Metal-Organic and Covalent Open Frame (MOF and COF) Compounds; Biophysical Chemistry: Protein Chemistry & Spectroscopy, Structure-Function Elucidation of Various Small Heat Shock Proteins Related to Different Diseases (Cataract, Leprosy and Tuberculosis); Organometallic, Homogenous Catalysis, Green Chemistry; Theoretical Chemistry, Development of Theoretical and Computational Methods with Application to Electronic Structure, Electron-atom/ molecule Scattering Processes, and Electronically ‘nonadiabatic’ Effects and Dynamics.
- Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in the Master’s or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with consistently good academic record. Provisional certificate is acceptable.
- Minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in the Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with consistently good academic record. Provisional certificate is acceptable.
- Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) is required in all other examinations. A single relaxation up to 10% marks either at Xth or XIIth level examination or equivalent is permitted.
- The candidate must have a valid GATE score or have secured a UGC/CSIR-NET JRF.
Eligibility Criteria for Institute Scholar:
- Candidates who possess the qualifications as mentioned below are eligible for admission into the Ph. D. Programme for full-time with Institute Research Assistantship or UGC/CSIR-NET Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or any other doctoral fellowship offered by Govt. of India (GoI), as the case is applicable.
- A relaxation of up to 5% marks in all academic examination levels is permitted for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for Sponsored Scholar:
- The sponsored candidates are not eligible for Institute Research Assistantship; but they must meet the same requisite standards of marks/grades in their qualifying degree and other examinations as mentioned above. They must also be in continuous service for at least three (3) years in any one of the following organizations, where appropriate R & D facilities exist.
- Departments and Ministries of the Government of India or any other government organization.
- Established industrial research and developmental organizations.
- Recognized autonomous bodies and public undertakings.
- Recognized universities/colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for Project Scholar:
- The scholars working in sponsored research projects at IIT Bhubaneswar can apply for the Ph.D Programme if they meet the applicable eligibility criteria for admission and have at least two years of fellowship tenure remaining, counting from the academic session or semester in which they are seeking admission.
- If such a candidate intends to be considered for Institute Research Assistantship after the tenure of the project is over, he/she must present a valid GATE score at that point of time or provide the evidence of a valid GATE score used in the year of admission into M.Tech. or equivalent programme.
Application Fee (Non-refundable):
|For General and OBC Candidates||:||Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only)|
|For SC/ST/PwD Candidates||:||Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty Only)|
- Application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Opening date for online application: 4 March 2016
Last date for submission of online application: 3 April 2016