BSI Food Science, Microbiology Client Manager Opportunity – Apply Online
BSI Food Science, Microbiology Client Manager Opportunity – Apply Online. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Client Manager – Food
Time Type: Full time
Posted on: Posted Today
Job Requisition ID: JR0014147
Great that you’re thinking about a career with BSI!
Purpose of Position
To manage a portfolio of clients to ensure delivery of assessment and related services such as training to meet or exceed client expectations whilst ensuring BSI protocol are maintained.
Assessments will usually follow one of the following formats:
- Pre-assessments to evaluate readiness for formal assessment;
- Initial assessments/ re-certifications at which a recommendation is made on the Client’s suitability for registration; & thereafter;
- Continuing assessments and strategic reviews to ensure that operating practices continue to meet requirements.
Key Performance Indicators
- Delivery of man-days as booked by Operations Support Manager/ Regional planners.
- Client Feedback of the assessments done.
- Any new business lead generated due to personal reputation in the industry or new assessments received with the client served.
- Interpersonal relations and team work exhibited on the job.
- Collections made against audits done.
- Timely submission of reports.
- Spot collections of payments / dues.
The Position services to approximately 120 clients however this may increase depending upon the increase in business.
Interaction with Head: Food Sector – Operations, Regional Manager, Delivery Head, Operations support Manager, Operations Director, Sales Executives
Please Note: Client Managers come from a wide range of industries and jobs. The Client manager’s previous experience and qualifications will largely determine the type of clients they can deliver the service. Therefore, BSI’s resource requirements vary depending on the nature of our clients and their geographical location.
Auditors with Multi-skilled capabilities in the various food systems will be given priority.
- ISO22000 Food Safety Management System
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- BRC (British Retail Consortium)
- SQF2000/1000 (Safe Quality Food)
- Global GAP (Good Agriculture Practice)
- Fresh care
- 2nd Party Supplier Chain audits for major brands and retailer
- Training Qualification’s
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Food safety client manager is responsible for assessing and ensuring compliance with food safety regulations and standards within an organization. Key duties may include:
- Audit Planning: Develop audit schedules and plans to evaluate food safety systems and processes.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure adherence to local and international food safety regulations, such as HACCP, ISO 22000, or other relevant standards/ protocols.
- Documentation Review: Examine and verify food safety documentation, including records of processes, procedures, and inspections.
- Inspections: Conduct on-site inspections of food production facilities, storage areas, and distribution centers to assess hygiene and safety measures.
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential food safety risks and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Report Generation: Prepare detailed audit reports outlining findings, non-compliance issues, and recommended corrective actions.
- Communication: Collaborate with stakeholders to communicate audit results, address concerns, and ensure continuous improvement in food safety measures.
- Continuous Improvement: Recommend and implement improvements to existing food safety management systems to enhance overall effectiveness.
- Stay Informed: Stay abreast of emerging trends, technologies, and changes in food safety regulations to ensure the organization remains compliant.
- Communication Skills: Strong communication skills are crucial for interacting with various stakeholders and conveying food safety requirements effectively.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify and solve problems related to food safety, ensuring the highest standards are maintained.
Typically include a degree in food science, microbiology, or a related field, along with relevant certifications in food safety auditing and equivalent industrial experience (Minimum 04 years).
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of how a business operates to ensure appropriate interpretation of Food safety management system standards & protocols.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels within a client/s organization and BSI.
- Proven negotiation skills to be able to negotiate technical issues when dealing with the client organization’s management in relation to assessment findings.
- Excellent presentation skills, able to present assessment findings professionally and effectively to senior managers.
- Energy and commitment to undertake the assessor role, working within different premises every day, in front of the client and constantly on the move.
- Able to keep up with changes to business, industry, management thinking and developing assessment styles.
- Familiar with basic MS Office packages including MS Word, Internet Explorer, Outlook, and BSI applications.
- Strong written communication skills, able to formulate clear, concise and professional reports, explaining technical issues, within required timeframes.
- Self-organization skills / self-motivated – the assessor/trainer needs to be able to manage their own workload to maximize self-effectiveness.
Training & Development
All Client Managers are expected to reach Lead Assessor/ Lead Tutor status through a process of training to employees on food safety practices and protocols, examination and evaluation. This covers both their skills in auditing and their ability to manage teams of colleagues drawn together on large or more complex assessments.
Upon commencement appointees will begin a structured development programme to enable them to achieve BSI Assessor/ tutor status within their first six months of employment, and then to progress to BSI Lead Assessor status.
Our Excellence Behaviours: Client-centric, Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviors represent how we do things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to work and a highly successful business.
BSI is conducting face-to-face interviews where appropriate and possible. If you are invited to a face-to-face interview but feel more comfortable with conducting the interview virtually, please speak to a member of our recruitment team.
Editor’s Note: BSI Food Science, Microbiology Client Manager Opportunity – Apply Online. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook