Syngene (www.syngeneintl.com) is an innovation-led contract research, development, and manufacturing organization offering integrated scientific services from early discovery to commercial supply. At Syngene, safety is at the heart of everything we do personally and professionally. Syngene has placed safety at par with business performance with shared responsibility and accountability, including following safety guidelines, procedures, and SOPs, in letter and spirit.
Associate Scientist – Downstream Process Development
Job Location: Bangalore
Department: Biopharmaceutical Development
The role is responsible for downstream process development.
- Support designing and execution of experiments to develop a scalable purification process.
- Should have knowledge of protein chemistry, preparative chromatography and/or membrane separation techniques to develop the manufacturing process of biologics.
- Should be able to draft an experimental protocol and get it reviewed by the team lead.
- Execution of laboratory experiments and documenting them in detail in the laboratory notebook and in soft copies.
- Forecasting material required for a given project where he/she has been assigned a role.
- General lab maintenance and inventory management.
- The individual could also be expected to perform analytical assays, analyze and present research data within the department.
- Understand technical instructions and able to execute/guide the fellow executive in downstream process development experiments. Analyze and interpret data.
- Discuss with Team Leader and other team members to decide action plans.
- Update the Team Leader, Group Leader, Department Head, Project Leader and Program Management Coordinator and help monitor the progress of the project against established timelines.
Master’s degree in Biotechnology
- Overall, knowledge of downstream unit operations for large molecules is a must.
- Preferred candidate should have worked on Mammalian cell culture derived mAb and/or non-mAb protein.
- Should be conversant with the interpretation of analytical and process data (e.g. proteins).
- Should be conversant with downstream process Scale-Up principles and have been involved in at least one scale-up related activity.
- Should be conversant with QbD principles and developed a process using DoE approach.
- Proficient in handling of Chromatographic systems.
- Possess good communication skills (written and oral communication), good at documentation skills (Report Preparation, SOP’s, etc).
- Should possess a sound knowledge of operating Tangential flow filtration and interpreting experimental results using standard tools.
- Should be proficient in MS Excel.
5-9 years of experience
Keywords: Syngene, biotechnology scientist, downstream, process development, job opportunity, Bangalore, biopharmaceutical development, Master’s degree, large molecule, protein chemistry, chromatography, membrane separation, manufacturing process, experimental protocol, analytical assays, MS Excel, laboratory experiments, inventory management. Syngene Biotechnology Downstream Processing Recruitment. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook