Walk-in-Interview at NITRD for B.Sc./M.Sc. Life Sciences
Walk-in-Interview at NITRD for B.Sc./M.Sc. Life Sciences will be held on 20th September 2023 for the post of Research Assistant. Interested Candidates can check out the details below and Attend Walk-In.
National Institute of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases
(Autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India)
Sri Aurobindo Marg, Near Qutub Minar, New Delhi 110030
Post Name: Research Assistant (One post)
Project Titled: “Development and Validation of Artificial Intelligence Tool For Screening/detection of Pulmonary TB and other lung diseases using Chest X-rays”
Duration: A Period of 09 months or till the project ends
Age limit : 30 years.
Essential Qualification: Graduate in Life Sciences from a recognized university with three years work experience from a recognized institution (after graduation).
OR M.Sc. (Life Sciences)
Emoluments : Consolidated Rs. 31,000/- per month.
Reporting Date &Time: 20th September 2023, 09:30 AM to 10:30 AM, Auditorium/NITRD
Interview Date &Time : 20th September 2023 11:00 AM onwards
Terms and Conditions:
- This engagement is purely contractual and co-terminable with the project.
- The engagement will be for a period of nine months initially / till the project ends.
- The selected candidates will have no claimfor regular appointment.
- No TA/DA and HRA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Mere fulfilling the essential qualification/experience does not guarantee for selection.
- Age relaxation will be given to the eligible candidate as per ICMR guidelines.
The format for submitting the bio-data is attached. No candidate will be entertained without format as attached.
The candidate should appear with Bio-data, 01 set of self-attested copies and original certificates of educational qualifications, experience certificate and one passport size photograph at the time of interview
Walk-in-Interview at NITRD for B.Sc./M.Sc. Life Sciences. Here are five Possible interview questions along with their answers :
1. Question: Can you please elaborate on your educational background and relevant work experience, as it pertains to the requirements of this Research Assistant position?
Answer: I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences from a recognized university, and I have three years of work experience in the field from a recognized institution, as required for this position. During my academic and professional journey, I have gained a solid foundation in life sciences, including coursework and hands-on experience. My previous work experience has allowed me to apply this knowledge to practical situations, particularly in the context of research and laboratory work.
2. Question: This project involves the development and validation of an AI tool for screening and detecting pulmonary TB and other lung diseases using chest X-rays. Can you describe any prior experience or skills you possess that are relevant to this project’s goals?
Answer: While I don’t have direct experience in AI tool development, my educational background in life sciences has equipped me with a strong understanding of the human anatomy, including the respiratory system. Moreover, my three years of work experience have provided me with exposure to research methodologies and laboratory techniques. I believe this foundation in life sciences will enable me to contribute effectively to the project by understanding the medical aspects and collaborating with experts in AI and image analysis.
3. Question: How do you plan to handle the co-terminable nature of this contractual engagement, given that it’s initially for nine months or until the project ends?
Answer: I understand that this position is contractual and co-terminable with the project. My plan is to fully commit to the project’s objectives during the stipulated period. I will work diligently to ensure the successful development and validation of the AI tool for lung disease screening. Simultaneously, I will keep myself updated with the project’s progress and explore opportunities for extending my contribution if the project gets an extension. My goal is to deliver meaningful results and potentially explore further research opportunities within or beyond this project.
4. Question: What motivates you to work on a project focused on tuberculosis and lung disease screening, and how do you envision contributing to the project’s success?
Answer: I am highly motivated by the potential impact of this project on public health. Tuberculosis and lung diseases are significant global health challenges, and the development of an AI tool for early detection can save lives. I am enthusiastic about the opportunity to contribute to this vital research. My contribution will involve collaborating closely with the project team, assisting in data collection and analysis, and ensuring the smooth operation of research activities. My dedication to the project’s objectives drives my commitment to its success.
5. Question: Can you explain how you intend to manage the responsibility of ensuring data accuracy and quality in the context of this research project?
Answer: Ensuring data accuracy and quality is paramount in a project like this, where medical diagnoses are involved. I plan to maintain strict adherence to research protocols and standard operating procedures to collect and handle data meticulously. Regular validation and calibration of equipment will be a priority. Moreover, I will collaborate closely with other team members to conduct thorough data reviews and quality checks at various stages of the project. My goal is to contribute to the generation of reliable and high-quality data that can support the development and validation of the AI tool effectively.
Editor’s Note: Walk-in-Interview at NITRD for B.Sc./M.Sc. Life Sciences . Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.