CIAB JRF Vacancies 2023 For MSc & MTech Life Sciences, Attend Walk-In
CIAB JRF Vacancies 2023 For MSc & MTech Life Sciences, Attend Walk-In. MSc Biology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Life Sciences M.E & MTech Biotechnology project vacancy. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
Five possible interview questions along with their answers for the technical round of the Junior Research Fellow position at the Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) are posted below
This job expires in
CENTER OF INNOVATIVE AND APPLIED BIOPROCESSING
Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology (Govt. of India)
Sector-81 (Knowledge City), PO-Manauli, SAS Nagar, Mohali -140306 (Punjab)
Website: www.ciab.res.in; Tel: 0172-5221400
Advertisement No: CIAB/80/2023-Rectt.
Walk-in-Interview on 30-05-2023
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under the Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to the agri-food sector towards applications and products. It aims to link them with societal benefits through catalysing/promoting entrepreneurial action around bioprocesses, bio-products, value-addition to bioproducts etc. with special reference to theagri-food sector. Currently, the four major mandated R&D areas in hand at the institute are (A) Value Addition to Primary Processing Residues/ Wastes for Edible Products; (B) Valorisation of Crop Waste for Speciality Products and Chemicals; (C) Nutritionals, nutraceuticals and upgradation of value or use of bioproducts, (D) Biosynthetic technology/synthetic biology for low volume-high value products and industrial enzymes. To support and steer this mission, the institute requires the following temporary research positions on stipendiary / fellowship basis:
(A) FELLOWSHIPS FUNDED BY CIAB FOR INTERNAL R&D PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES
Name of the Post – Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts – One Position
Age limit – 28 years as Junior Research Fellow
(a) Tenure: One Year, extendable on annual basis for subsequent years subject to satisfactory progress, institutional needs and financial provisions.
Application Procedure –
Interested candidates may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 30-05-2023 along with the application form available on the website www.ciab.res.in. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of the registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 30-05-2023. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates would not be interviewed.
Process of Engagement
The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration by the competent authority for engagement purely on a Fellowship/Stipendiary basis.
- Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
- The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
- Candidates applying for more than one position should submit separate applications for each position.
- The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website – www.ciab.res.in.
- Completed applications along with photocopies of all the relevant educational and experience certificates are to be submitted at the time of registration at Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81 (Knowledge City), Manauli P.O., S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali – 140306, Punjab from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 30-05-2023.
- All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
- The number of positions may vary.
- Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per the rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
- If in any area no suitable candidate is found, no selection would be made in that case.
- No TA/DA etc. would be paid for attending the walk-in interview.
- Candidates should bring their original documents for verification and one set of photocopies (for submission) of their all relevant certificates related to education, experience, publications, thesis/dissertations etc. at the time of the interview.
- Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post registration shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that in case there is a substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, of CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview. If required, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The decision of the CEO, of CIAB to conduct a written test shall be final and binding on all in this respect.
- M.Sc. in Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/ Microbiology) or M.E. / M.Tech. (Biotechnology) from a recognized University/Institute
- NET / GATE / any other relevant equivalent nature of test qualified.
Fellowship – Rs. 31,000/- per month + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for JRF
Click here to download the application format (doc)
Download the Application Format Below (PDF)
Check the notification below
Here are five possible interview questions along with their answers for the technical round of the Junior Research Fellow position at the Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB):
- Question: Can you describe your previous research experience related to the agri-food sector? Answer: During my master’s degree, I conducted research projects focused on the value addition to primary processing residues and waste for edible products. I worked on identifying innovative methods to convert agricultural by-products into value-added products with potential applications in the food industry.
- Question: How would you approach valorizing crop waste for specialty products and chemicals? Answer: Valorizing crop waste requires a multidisciplinary approach. I would begin by assessing the composition and characteristics of the crop waste to identify potential applications. Then, I would explore various bioprocessing techniques such as enzymatic hydrolysis or fermentation to extract valuable components from the waste and convert them into specialty products or chemicals.
- Question: What is your understanding of biosynthetic technology and its application in the production of low volume-high value products? Answer: Biosynthetic technology involves the engineering of biological systems to produce desired compounds through synthetic biology approaches. In the context of low volume-high value products, it enables the production of complex molecules with high economic value in small quantities using engineered microorganisms or cell cultures. This technology offers advantages such as sustainability, scalability, and precise control over product quality.
- Question: Can you explain the significance of nutritionals and nutraceuticals in the agri-food sector? Answer: Nutritionals and nutraceuticals play a crucial role in enhancing human health and well-being. Nutritionals refer to essential nutrients present in food that provide energy and support bodily functions. Nutraceuticals, on the other hand, are bioactive compounds derived from food sources that offer potential health benefits beyond basic nutrition. They can be used as dietary supplements or functional ingredients in food products to promote wellness and prevent diseases.
- Question: How would you contribute to the research projects at CIAB and its mission of linking bioprocesses to societal benefits? Answer: I would contribute by actively participating in research activities related to the designated R&D areas. This would involve designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and collaborating with fellow researchers to develop innovative bioprocesses. Additionally, I would strive to disseminate research findings through publications and presentations, contributing to the knowledge sharing within the scientific community and promoting the translation of research outcomes into practical applications that benefit society.
Remember to adapt your answers based on your own experience, skills, and knowledge. Good luck with your interview!
Editor’s Note – CIAB JRF Vacancies 2023 For MSc & MTech Life Sciences, Attend Walk-In. CIAB JRF Vacancies 2023 Notification. CIAB JRF Vacancies 2023 Latest. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook