ICAR-IARI Student Internship With Stipend For MSc Candidates, Applications Invited
ICAR-IARI Student Internship With Stipend For MSc Candidates, Applications Invited. ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute Student Internship 2023. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
Want to be Student Intern in a prestigious institute like ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi and expand your skills? Then make sure you check out all of the possible interview questions below along with their answers and hopefully these help you out!
This job expires in
Centre for Protected Cultivation Technology
ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
Applications are invited to attend an online Interview in the DST-SERB-funded project at the Centre for Protected Cultivation Technology, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi-12, as mentioned below. The posts are purely on a contractual basis. The eligible candidates are requested to send their application in the enclosed proforma along with a self-attested scanned copy of the original documents through e-mail, latest by 06.05.2023 as given below. After screening the applications, the eligible candidates will be called by email for the online interview which is fixed for 25.05.2023 from 10.30 A.M onwards. Original documents will beverified at the time of appointment. If any candidate is found to have submitted false claims at a later stage, their candidature will be summarily rejected.
Name of the Post: Student Internship
No. of Posts: 01
Name of the Project: Characterization and introgression of phytophthora root rot resistance in KTC-152 line to develop capsicum hybrids for protected cultivation.
Name of PI: Dr. Hemlata Bharti
Terms & Conditions
- Age limit: Maximum age of 35 years for JRF and Lab Assistants (age relaxation of five years for SC/ST & women and three years for OBC).
- The posts are purely temporary and will be filled on a contractual basis initially for up to 30.09.2023, which may be extended periodically subject to performance till the termination of the project.
- The selected candidate shall not claim regular appointment at this Institute, as the post is coterminous with the project.
- The interview for eligible candidates will be held online, the details of which will be communicated to eligible candidates by email.
- Reporting time for the online interview will be communicated and all the candidates shall adhere to the instructions.
- The candidates will have to compulsorily fill in the application form (as per the format annexed), all the scan certificates from matriculation onwards, date of birth certificate, NET/equivalent certificate, degree certificate either original or provisional, and a recent photograph enclosed on the scan application form. Proof of experience and publications also need to be sent by email. The selected candidate will be required to produce all the original documents and medical certificates at the time of joining.
- No TA/DA/ any other expenses will be paid for attending the interview.
- Only the candidates having essential qualifications would be entertained for the online interview.
- Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification or termination.
- The candidate intending to attend the online interview, if any of his near or distant relatives is an employee of the ICAR/IARI, has to declare his/her name, designation, nature of duties, and relationship in writing so as to reach by 25.05.2023. If on the date of the online interview such declaration is furnished and found that his relative is an employee of ICAR/IARI, such candidate will not be allowed to appear in the interview.
- All the other candidates are also required compulsorily to submit the scan declaration dully signed in the format annexed along with other documents in the e-mail.
- In case of any disputes, they will be resolved in the jurisdiction of the New Delhi court only.
Email ID: [email protected].
Essential Qualification: Postgraduate degree in Plant Breeding/ Plant Biotechnology/Plant physiology with NET qualification or equivalent as per the DST Office Memorandum (O.M) No. SR/S9/Z-08/2018
Desirable: Experience in vegetable crop breeding for disease resistance and laboratory-based research and proficiency in computer.
Emoluments (Fixed per month): Upto Rs. 5000 per month (max two months) as student assistantship.
Download the application format below
Check the notification below
- What experience do you have with vegetable crop breeding for disease resistance? Answer: I have experience in breeding tomatoes for resistance to late blight using marker-assisted selection.
- What laboratory-based research have you conducted in the past? Answer: I have worked on plant tissue culture, genetic transformation, and gene expression analysis.
- What is your proficiency in computer and how have you applied it in your past work? Answer: I am proficient in using R programming for data analysis and visualization. I have used it to analyze gene expression data to identify differentially expressed genes.
- What is your understanding of phytophthora root rot and how would you approach developing capsicum hybrids for protected cultivation resistant to it? Answer: Phytophthora root rot is a soil-borne disease that affects many crops, including peppers. To develop resistant capsicum hybrids, I would first screen for resistance in the KTC-152 line and use molecular markers to introgress the resistance genes into other cultivars. I would also evaluate the performance of the hybrids under protected cultivation conditions.
- What are some challenges you anticipate in conducting research in the context of this project? Answer: Some challenges I anticipate include obtaining the necessary plant materials for the project, managing data generated from different experiments, and troubleshooting technical issues that may arise during the course of the research.
Editor’s Note: ICAR-IARI Student Internship With Stipend For MSc Candidates, Applications Invited. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook