NIMHANS Research Opening 2023 For MSc, MTech Biotech, Life Sciences
NIMHANS Research Opening 2023 For MSc, MTech Biotech, Life Sciences. MSc Life Sciences & MTech Biotechnology JRF/Project Associate -I vacancy. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below –
This job expires in
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH AND NEURO SCIENCES
(INSTITUTE OF NATIONAL IMPORTANCE), BENGALURU – 560 029
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for filling up the posts of “JRF/Project Associate-1 (Life Science)” (1 post) and Project Associate-1 (Yoga) (1 post) on a contract basis for the Project entitled “Yoga and Ayurveda in Neuroscience Translational Research Accelerator (YANTRA), Program” under the AYUSH Centre of Excellence in AYUSH Research Scheme funded by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India – under Dr. Kishore Kumar R, Professor of Ayurveda, Department of Integrative Medicine, NIMHANS.
Name of the Post – JRF/Project Associate -I (Life Sciences)
No. of Posts – 01
Name of the Project – “Yoga and Ayurveda in Neuroscience Translational Research Accelerator (YANTRA), Program”
Name of the PI – Dr. Kishore Kumar R
Maximum Age limit – 35 years
Duration of the post – 3 years. Theinitial appointment will be made for a period of six months which will be extendable till the end of the project depending upon the performance of the candidate.
- The engagement will be purely on a contract basis and a co-terminus with the project. Claim for continuance or regular appointment will NOT be entertained.
- Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria must apply by mandatorily sending the following documents as a single pdf in the same order as below:
a. Application letter (It should mention the Notification No., Name of the applied Post & Date)
b. Checklist (Strictly in the attached Format-Annexure I)
c. Resume (Strictly in the attached Format-Annexure II): mandatory to include e-mail ID, Contact Number, Postal Address & Two Referees)
d. Copy of certificate of the Age Proof and caste certificates as applicable
e. Copies of certificates of Essential Academic Qualification(s), Number of Attempts & Percentage / Grade of Marks
f. Copies of certificates of Experience(s) (Work experience wherever applicable for “Essential qualification for eligibility” should be supported by a Letter of Recommendation from the supervisor of the department/section/project in which the candidate has work experience)
3. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an Interview for the said post through ONLINE/OFFLINE. The eligibility of candidates in respect of age will be determined on the date of the written test/interview. Relaxation in age for SC/ST/OBC candidates is as per Govt. of India Rules.
- Age criteria may be relaxed in case no suitable candidates are identified.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written cum skill test
- All the above documents should be mandatorily sent as a single pdf document by email to [email protected]. In incomplete applications, applications not following the above format and not having the above-mentioned documents will not be considered.
- The last date for receipt of the relevant documents is 14 days from the date of notification published on the NIMHANS website. Applications received later will not be entertained.
(a) 31,000 INR + HRA (for candidates qualified in National eligibility tests/equivalent)
(b) 25,000 INR + HRA for others who do not fall under (a) above. [as per the OM SR/S9/Z-05/2019 dated 10th July 2020]
Master’s degree in Life Sciences/M.Tech in Biotechnology from a recognized university with a good academic record.
- Candidates with experience in genetic, epigenetic and biochemical studies involving DNA methylation, quantitative gene expression, metagenomics, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, etc. will be given preference.
- Prior research experience supported by relevant PubMed-indexed publications.
Nature of work
The selected candidate will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements of the research project sample recruitment, sample collection, and processing of blood samples for downstream analyses of DNA methylation, gene expression and secretome, stool samples for metagenomic studies coordination with the concerned departments, analysis, periodic report writing and submission, and also should participate in all Institutional and Departmental activities.
Check the notification below
Editor’s Note: NIMHANS Research Opening 2023 For MSc, MTech Biotech, Life Sciences. Please ensure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebo