Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship 2022-23
Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship 2022-23. Har Gobind Khorana-Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship 2022-23. Fellowship is also available. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This call expires in
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR
HAR GOBIND KHORANA-INNOVATIVE YOUNG BIOTECHNOLOGIST
FELLOWSHIP (IYBF) 2022-23
Har Gobind Khorana-Innovative young Biotechnologist Fellowship (IYBF) is an attractive Research Fellowship to identify and nurture outstanding young scientists up to 35 years of age with innovative ideas and desirous of pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology/Biotechnology-related fields. Scientists only with regular employment are eligible for this fellowship. The fellowship consists of Research grant for the proposed innovative project for 3 years. Selected fellow will receive a fellowship of Rs.1,30,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Thirty Thousand Only) per year for a period of 3 years in addition to Research Grant. The application must be forwarded by the head of the institute or duly designated competent authority.
Background & Purpose
The Har-Gobind Khorana ‘Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship’ (IYBF), instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India is an attractive Research Fellowship to identify and nurture outstanding young scientists withinnovative ideas and desirous of pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology. Young scientists up to the age of 35 years with relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped Category are considered for this fellowship. Scientists/Faculty only with regular employment are eligible for this fellowship. The fellowship consists of Research Grant including recurring (consumable, contingency, manpower, domestic travel and overhead) support for a proposed innovative project and a cash Fellowship of Rs.1,30,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Thirty thousand Only) every year for a period of three years along with non-recurring support will provide in first year only for procurement of equipment essentially required for carry out the research activities of proposed project.
- The applicant should be an Indian Citizen and must have a regular position in India.
- The applicant must have a PhD in any branch of Life Sciences, Computational Sciences (applied to Biotechnology, Medicine or Biological Sciences), Veterinary Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Agricultural Sciences. Master degree holders in Medicine or Dentistry (MD/MS/MDS or IMC designated equivalent) and Engineering/Technology (M. Tech or AICTE designated equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- Age limit: Not more than 35 years of age on the last date of submission of application. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST/OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped category.
- The applicant should have an excellent academic track record and published high quality papers in the best journals or invented technologies as evident by granted Indian and/or International patents.
- Applicant should be completed 3 years in India after joining of regular position in India and published high quality papers in the best journals. The published work after joining in Indian institutions will be considered only for the screening and selection for award of fellowship.
- The proposed project has to be carried out in any recognized research institution/university in India having adequate facilities. The application has to be forwarded by the head or duly designated competent authority of the host Institution or University.
Nature of Fellowship
The fellowship shall cover both non-recurring and recurring financial grants for executing the innovative research plan proposed by the fellow. This includes equipment/software, consumables, contingencies and travel grant as required for the research project. Fellows will also receive a fellowship of Rs. 1.30 lakh every year during the course of the project in addition to the equipment and other recurring grants.
The duration of the project will be for a period of three years subject to satisfactory progress. Not more than 20% of fellows with exceptional progress may be chosen for the phase II program and given two-year extension based on a fresh appraisal. During the extension period fellows will be eligible for the research grant and fellowship.
- The project will be operated by the fellow. However, capital equipment will be procured in the name of the institute where the fellow proposes to work.
- The financial transactions of the fellowship have to be handled by the host institute, which will be responsible for submitting the Utilization certificate and Statement of Expenditure every financial year.
- In case of the fellow moves to another institute during the tenure of the research project, with prior approval of the DBT, the project grant may be transferred to the new host institute. No objection certificates from the current institute and acceptance from the new host institute will be pre-requisite.
- IYBF fellow should not undertake foreign deputations for more than three months during
the entire course of the project period.
- The fellow will be the corresponding author for any publication emanating as a result of the research carried out on account of the fellowship.
- Other Terms & Conditions are to be followed as mentioned in the sanction order of the grant as and when the fellowship will be sanctioned to fellows.
How to apply?
Applications in the prescribed proforma should be submitted through online DBT
portal (ePromis) https://dbtepromis.nic.in/awardeesIYBF.aspx on or before 25th February 2023. Please contact Dr Manoj Singh Rohilla, Scientist “E”, Department of Biotechnology at [email protected] for any queries related to the IYBF program. Please also visit the DBT website www.dbtindia.gov.in for complete information about the IYBF Program and guidelines for the submission of applications.
Download the application format below