WII Research Interns 2022 For MSc Zoology, Life Sciences
WII Research Interns 2022 For MSc Zoology, Life Sciences. MSc Jobs. MSc Wildlife Sciences, Life Sciences and Zoology job openings. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
(An Autonomous Institution of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate
Change, Government of India)
Chandrabani, Dehra Dun – 248002
Email: [email protected]
Advt. No. WII/EIA/Interns
The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is a premier autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India, in the field of wildlife research, teaching and training.
The Institute plans to engage THREE (03) Interns (Indian nationals only) on a purely contractual basis for the following subject areas: Ornithology, Ecology and Graphic Designing in the Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) Cell at WII and invites applications over email followed by an online interview for shortlisted candidates.
The period of contractual engagement will be initially for a period of 06 (six) months. The last date of receipt of online applications is 10.12.2022 up to 1730 hrs. The EQ, DQ, age limits, monthly emoluments and other details of the positions are given below:
Position Name: Research Intern (Ecology)
No. of posts – 01
Upper age limit – 28
Essential Qualification (EQ): Master’s degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized University in Wildlife Science/ Forestry/ Zoology/ Environment Science/ Life
Science or related subjects.
Desirable Qualification (DQ): Experience and basic skills in the identification, taxonomy, biology and ecology of wild animals and plants (at least one or more taxa), with basic skills in ecological statistics; knowledge of various wildlife and forest-related laws, rules, policies, guidelines, statutory bodies with powers to appraise project proposals etc.; good communication, organisation and interpersonal skills with the willingness to work in a diverse team within short deadlines.
Work description: In the field, the selected candidate will help and learn from senior personnel and the Principal Investigator/Nodal Officer in carrying out rapid and/or detailed biodiversity assessments as required and instructed by the PI/NO. At Dehradun/HQ, the selected candidate will help assist the PI/NO in preparing various communications, briefs and reports within short timeframes for statutory decision-making authorities and/or various state forest departments.
Emoluments & Location: INR 15,000/ – consolidated fellowship every month; the selected candidate will spend time both at Dehradun/HQ and at various field sites where ecological assessments may be required to be carried out by the EIA Cell.
Position Name: Research Intern (Ornithology)
No. of posts – 01
Upper age limit – 28
Essential Qualification (EQ): Master’s degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognised University in Wildlife Science/ Ornithology/ Forestry or related subjects with demonstrated skills in field identification of forest-dwelling birds.
Desirable Qualification (DQ): Any prior experience in the identification, taxonomy, biology and ecology of forest-dwelling birds, especially in east-central India, with basic skills in ecological statistics; good communication, organisation and interpersonal skills with willingness and capacity to work in a diverse team.
Work description: The selected candidate will carry out field investigations of bird diversity, distribution and density for various assignments in the EIA Cell under the guidance and supervision of the Principal Investigator/Nodal Officer and other senior personnel. The selected candidate will also assist in data entry, data analyses, report writing and all other related tasks that be assigned by the PI/NO.
Emoluments & Location: INR 15,000/- consolidated fellowship every month; this is a field-based position with the immediate field site being in a central Indian landscape, however, the selected candidate may need to help collect avian data at any other field site in India where ecological investigations may be required to be carried out through the EIA Cell. Some periods of time may also be based out of Dehradun/HQ.
Mode of Selection and other conditions:
- The selection of the candidates will be in accordance with the performance in the interview and in order of merit as decided by the Interview Committee. All original documents should be produced at the time of the interview. The decision of the Institute’s Committee in all matters relating to eligibility, work experience, acceptance or rejection of the application will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained from any individual.
- The candidates are required to submit their completed application forms in PDF format, with accompanying attachments, by email with the subject line: “Application for the post of in the EIA Cell, WII to [email protected] not later than 1730 hrs on 10.12.2022.
- The application form needs to be typed according to the prescribed format and must be accompanied by (a) Scanned copies of educational qualifications, (b) Scanned copies of experience letters/ certificates and (c) A concise statement of purpose (SOP) with approximately 300-500 words (in single spacing and 12-point font). The (SOP) should be compulsorily attached to the application stating the purpose clearly for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will be rejected. There is no specified format for the SOP.
- Send separate applications while applying for multiple posts.
- The applications received after the deadline will be rejected.
- All the steps of the selection process will be conducted by a duly constituted screening and selection committee. However, if the number of applications received for a particular post(s) is large, then Institute reserves the right to lay down any criteria for the purpose of shortlisting the candidates for interview. The shortlisted candidates will be notified (through email and website notification) for online/personal interviews.
- The shortlisted candidates will be notified (through email and website notification) for online personal interviews. The selection will be made based on the online personal interview.
- At the time of verification of original documents, if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to willfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, his/her candidature will not be considered.
- The positions advertised are purely temporary/ contractual for the project period only and will stand abolished after the completion of the project.
- The selected candidates have to enrol in the Institute’s internship programme by depositing the following fee: (a) Rs. 2000 as an admission fee and (b) Rs. 3000 as a refundable caution deposit.
- Relaxation in Age will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
- Director, WII reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
Check the notification and download the application form below
Editor’s Note: WII Research Interns 2022 For MSc Zoology, Life Sciences. Please ensure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook