Govt Research Associate Job at Zoological Survey of India
Govt Research Associate Job at Zoological Survey of India. PhD Zoology research associate jobs at the Zoological Survey of India. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This job expires in
Government of India
Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
ZOOLOGICAL SURVEY OF INDIA
Andaman and Nicobar Regional Centre
Port Blair – 744 102, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
RECRUITMENT OF RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (RA)
Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the purely temporary post of Research Associate (RA) under the research project “Impact of climate change on the emergence of stress tolerant Symbiodinium clade and altered microbiome in reef building corals: towards bleaching resistant coral reef in India” under the Marine Bioresource and Biotechnology Network Programme sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India at Andaman and Nicobar Regional Centre, Zoological Survey of India, Port Blair – 744 102, Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Name of the Post – Research Associate (RA)
No. of Posts – 01 (One)
Name of the Project – “Impact of climate change on the emergence of stresstolerant Symbiodinium clade and altered microbiome in reef building corals: towards bleaching resistant coral reef in India”
How to Apply –
- The last date for submission of the completely filled application form is 22nd August 2022
- The position is for a period of two years and purely on a temporary basis and will be terminated on completion of the assignment.
- The applicants should preferably be below the age of 40 years, and 45 years in the case of women candidates. The age limit may be relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)/ Physically Challenged applicants as per Government of India rules.
- Interested candidates may submit the duly filled-in applications with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, proof of date of birth etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and a „No Objection Certificate‟ from the present employer (if employed) to The Officer-in-Charge, Zoological Survey of India, Andaman and Nicobar Regional Centre, Haddo, Port Blair-744 102, Andaman & Nicobar Islands (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- At the time of the verification of original documents (even after selection), if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to wilfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, such applicant will not be considered for selection and due action will be implemented.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualifications and experience. Short-listed candidates will be informed through email about appearing before the interview committee through online/offline mode.
- The selected candidates are expected to undertake extensive field surveys in the Andaman and Nicobar groups of Islands. Also required to travel to ZSI Headquarters, Regional Centres and the mainland for discussion, literature collection and analysis purposes. The candidate will have to join immediately after their selection.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason.
Educational Qualifications – The applicant should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science (Marine Biology / Ecology / Environmental Sciences / Zoology) from a recognized university with the good academic record.
Desirable Qualifications – Research experience in the field of the coral reef ecosystem, and the taxonomy of marine faunal groups especially on corals. Publications in SCI / NAAS Journals.
Salary – Rs.47,000/- + 8% HRA per month.
Editor’s Note: Govt Research Associate Job at Zoological Survey of India. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.