Govt IAV Project Jobs For Biotech, Biochem, Microbiology – Apply Online
Govt IAV Project Jobs For Biotech, Biochem, Microbiology – Apply Online. Latest Govt IAV – Institute of Advanced Virology Job. IAV Project Scientist Job. Ph.D. Microbiology, Biotech jobs. Check the details below & apply.
Institute of Advanced Virology
Bio 360 Life Sciences Park
Thonnakkal, Thiruvananthapuram 695317, Kerala
(An autonomous research institute under the
Department of Science & Technology, Government of Kerala)
No. IAV/405/R&D/2022/FLSP-I -001
RECRUITMENT NOTIFICATION – TEMPORARY PROJECT POSITIONS
The flagship research programs of Institute of Advanced Virology (IAV) in Kerala, which started functioning from October, 2020, addresses the pressing need to enhance indigenous capacity in the key areas of molecular diagnosis, therapy and prevention to combat emerging viral diseases and for development of Monoclonal/Therapeutic antibodies, Advanced Diagnostics and Antivirals against medically important viruses.
Institute seeks support from highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates for the below-mentioned temporary project position.
Project title: “Development of neutralising and diagnostic monoclonal antibodies for Nipah virus infection”. (No. IAV/405/R&D/2022/FLSP I-001)
Duration: The duration of the appointment will be for a period of one year for all the positions. All the positions are purely temporary and coterminous with the project. Extension beyond the initialperiod of appointment of one year will be based on obtaining “excellent grading” in the yearly progress evaluation by the Program Monitoring Committee (PMC). The evaluation will be strictly based on the achievements against the milestones set at the beginning of the program. If the progress is not satisfactory, no further extension will be given.
Post Name: Project Scientist
Age: 35 years as on 01/08/2022
Emoluments: Rs. 55,000/- per month (consolidated)
Number of Vacancies: 01
Educational & other essential qualifications: PhD in Virology/ Immunology/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology.
Desirable qualification & experience: Experience in immunological techniques, molecular biology techniques, general virology techniques, advanced biochemical techniques, cell culture and immunofluorescence.
Post Name: Project Associate
Age: 30 years as on 01/08/2022
Emoluments: Rs. 25,000/- per month (consolidated)
Number of Vacancies: 01
Educational & other essential qualifications: M.Sc Biotechnology/ Microbiology/
Biochemistry/ Virology/ Molecular Biology preferably with NET/GATE.
Desirable qualification & experience: Experience in molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, immunological techniques and cell culture.
- Applications will be initially screened and short-listed based on the eligibility criteria; as applicable for the positions.
- The short-listed candidates have to appear for an in-person interview before a Selection Committee, and only those recommended by the Selection Committee will be offered final selection.
- Through interviews of the candidates those who meet the prescribed qualifications and experience.
- Only those candidates fulfilling all the essential qualifications, and qualifying for the screening by a duly constituted screening committee will be short-listed for the further selection process
- The CGPA/Grade to % conversion formula (issued by competent authority) applicable for the degree awarding institution (wherever grading other than % is used) has to be submitted along with the application if the formula is not already provided in the certificate/mark sheet.
- Candidates in their final year of qualifying degree need not apply.
- For Project Scientist positions, candidates without first-author, primary research publications need NOT apply.
- For Project scientist positions, those who have obtained course completion certificate/ provisional degree certificate after successful completion of open defence can apply. Applications from candidates with mere submission of the doctoral thesis will not be considered.
- Canvassing in any form is not permitted and any interim enquiry will not be entertained.
- The position is purely temporary, and selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any claim for future positions at IAV (permanent or otherwise).
- The Director, IAV reserves the right to decide on the number of positions to be filled; and on any matter related to the selection procedure, including cancellation of the selection process, if circumstances demand so.
- The selected candidates are required to join within one month from the date of appointment order.
- The project associate appointed under flagship programmes will not be allowed to register for the PhD programme during the tenure of appointment.
Click here for the notification
APPLY ONLINE FOR PROJECT ASSOCIATE
Govt Institute of Advanced Virology Job