DBT RA Program 2022-2023 – DBT-Research Associateship Programme 2022
DBT RA Program 2022-2023 – DBT-Research Associateship Programme 2022. DBT-RA Program In Biotechnology & Life Sciences. DBT RA Programme In Biotechnology and Life Sciences 2022-2023. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This call expires in
AWARD OF DBT – RESEARCH ASSOCIATESHIP IN BIOTECHNOLOGY & LIFE SCIENCES
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the award of “DBT-Research Associateship’’ for pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology and Life Sciences. The Associateship is tenable in Premier Research Institutions/Universities including non-profit R&D Institutions within India. The Associateships are awarded under the “DBT-Research Associateship’’ programme supported by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
Aim of Fellowship
The objective of the DBT-Research Associateship (DBT-RA) Programme is to train and nurture young researchers, scientists and generate a critical mass of trained manpower in modern areas of biology and biotechnology and build a robust postdoctoral base for the growth of Biotechnology sectors in the country.
- The applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science, Engineering or M.D./M.S. degree in any area of medicine with research interests in Biotechnology and Life Sciences and a good academic record.
- The applicants who have already submitted the Ph.D./M.D./M.S. thesis are also eligible to apply.
- The upper age limit is 40 years for male candidates and 45 years in the case of women candidates as on the last date of application.
- The applicants should be Indian citizens, NRI or OCI card holders.
- The applicants already employed are also eligible to apply. However, they are required to upload a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer during the online submission of the applications.
Tenure of Fellowship
The Associateship is a purely temporary assignment and is tenable for a period of 2 years only. However, in exceptional cases, depending upon the progress of the research, the fellowship may be extended upto 4 years.
General Guidelines of the DBT-RA Programme
- DBT-RA fellowship can be availed only ONCE by a candidate in his/her career.
- The fellowship is tenable only in India in any recognized academic institutions, national laboratories and other recognized R & D institutions. The host institution must provide administrative and infrastructural support.
- Fellows are not allowed to work with their PhD guides/co-guides.
- The fellowships cannot be availed at the same institution where the candidates have earned their Ph.D./M.D./M.S. degree.
- A mentor cannot have more than 2 DBT-RA fellows at a time.
- A mentor must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized institution in India and should hold a PhD/MD/MS degree in science, engineering or medicine.
- Superannuated faculty (e.g., Honorary Professors, Emeritus Professors/Scientists, and DBT Distinguished Professors) could also mentor as long as they can demonstrate that resources and labs are available to them.
- Applicants from North East Region (permanent residence located in the NER) can work in any university/institution in the country.
How to Apply
- Application for the DBT-RA programme shall be by ONLINE mode only.
- To apply, interested applicants may kindly visit DBT-RA Online Portal https://ra.dbtindia.gov.in/.
- Applicants must register on the DBT-RA Online portal, fill in complete information in the online application form and submit it before the closing date of application i.e. 15th July 2022.
- Online application form to be filled out by the applicant comprises information pertaining to Personal Information, Academic Qualifications, Research Contribution, Referee Details, Proposed Research Work, Proposed Mentor Details and Proposed Host Institution.
- Documents to be submitted along with the Online Application Form include –
1. Self-attested pdf copy of DOB certificate
2. Self-attested pdf copies of degree certificates
3. A Consent letter from the mentor. The format for the Consent letter is available at the DBT-RA portal.
4. A NOC from the employer (if applicable)
- Names and contact details of the Referees are to be provided by the applicant
while filling out the application form.
- During submission of the online application form, an email with a link to submit a letter of recommendation shall be sent by the applicant to the email addresses of all the referees who have been mentioned in the application form.
- Referees must upload a pdf copy of the letter of recommendation on the portal by 20th July 2022. The applicant shall ensure that the referee provides the recommendation letter on time.
- Application form which has not been submitted through DBT-RA Online Portal shall not be accepted.
|Start Date of Online Application||15th June, 2022|
|End Date of Online Application||15th July, 2022|
For any queries, please contact DBT-HRD Project & Management Unit, Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad, Haryana at [email protected] or 0129 – 2848773 or 0129 – 2848539.
Editor’s Note: DBT RA Program 2022-2023 – DBT-Research Associateship Programme 2022. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.