AIIMS Delhi Jobs Lifesciences, Applications Invited
AIIMS Delhi Jobs Lifesciences, Applications Invited. Non-medical scientist jobs at AIIMS. MSc & PhD Life Sciences vacancies. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This job expires in
Capacity Building and Strengthening of Hospital Infection Control to detect and prevent antimicrobial resistance in India
JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi
Applications are invited up to 18.07.2022 for the following post on a contract basis for CDC-funded Capacity Building and Strengthening of Hospital Infection Control to detect and prevent antimicrobial resistance in India at JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi, as detailed below –
Name of the Post – Scientist C (Non-Medical)
No. of Posts – 03
Name of the Project – Capacity Building and Strengthening of Hospital Infection Control to detect and prevent antimicrobial resistance in India.
Place of Posting – Microbiology laboratory, JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi
Duration – 1 year (Renewable for the project duration subject to performance and project requirement).
Age Limit – Up to 40 Years
Salary – Rs.1,00,000/-
Instructions to the applicant –
- Personal Interviews for the participants from Delhi / Skype interviews for the outstation participants’ selected applications will be held for the Post.
- Age relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government of India Rules, in respect of the posts reserved for those categories.
- Clear proof of Qualifications, Experience, and Caste / Community should be attached. Applications without these required attachments shall be rejected.
- Candidates should avoid uploading pictures taken with mobile phone cameras.
- An incomplete application or application without supportive evidence asked for, shall be summarily rejected.
- Date/time of personal interview / Skype/video call interview will be intimated through email for Eligible/ Shortlisted candidates only.
- The candidate should submit all copies of certificates/testimonials.
- Experience certificate should clearly state the nature of work during the period of employment.
- Community/ Caste certificate – Candidates applying under the OBC category, shall submit an attested copy of the OBC Non–Creamy Layer Certificate in the specified format, issued within one year from the closing date of application by the appropriate authority. Only Non-Creamy Layer OBC certificates will be accepted and other certificates will not be accepted.
- No- Objection Certificate from the current employer (for Govt./AB/PSU Servants only).
- All posts are Contractual for the duration offered. The appointment may be renewed after every specific period of time subject to satisfactory performance and project requirements.
- The incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointments under AIIMS/CDCor continuation of his/her services in any other project.
- TA/DA will not be paid by AIIMS/ CDC for attending the interview.
- The institute reserves the right to fill up or not to fill the advertised posts. The Director AIIMS /Selection Committee has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason thereof and no recommendation in this matter will be entertained.
Canvassing and bringing pressure in any form for shortlisting, interview and employment will be a disqualification and barred from the selection process.
Applications should be submitted in person or by post, along with a covering letter specifying the name of the post applied on the envelope to the following address –
Dr. Purva Mathur
Professor & Principal Investigator,
Room No. 325, 3rd Floor
Department of Laboratory Medicine
JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Essential Qualifications –
- 1st class master’s degree in microbiology, medical microbiology, life sciences, zoology, biostatistics, biotechnology, genetics, or biochemistry or related subject from a recognized university AND 4 years of experience.
- 2nd class M.Sc. +Ph.D. degree in microbiology, medical microbiology, life sciences, zoology, biostatistics, biotechnology, genetics, or biochemistry or related subject from a recognized university AND 4 years of experience.
Desirable Qualifications –
- Prior experience with biostatistics, epidemiology and genomic work would be preferred.
- Expert level knowledge in data analysis platforms SPSS, STATA SAS, Epi Info etc.
- Knowledge of computer applications or Business Intelligence tools like Microsoft Excel, PPT etc.
- Written communication skills to prepare written reports and display statistical data in understandable formats.
- Experience in working in the Health sector, ICMR, AIIMS, NHM, CTD, NACO, etc. or in the Scientific Departments/Organizations with experience in project management.
Nature of Duties –
The prospective candidate is a self-starter, with a strong commitment and ability to work and good communication skills to work well under pressure and balance competing priorities in a demanding work environment. The responsibilities will include but are not limited to –
a. Oversee the overall implementation of all the project-related activities.
b. Development of training modules, SOPs and surveillance forms.
c. Coordinating activities for Tier II hospitals/ regional centres/ nursing homes etc.
d. Conducting site support visits & meetings.
e. Gathering data & feeding back information to other centres as needed.
f. Hands-on molecular biology & genomic experiments, data collection & analysis, & biostatistics analysis.
g. Writing, editing and preparing reports, briefing notes, letters, manuscripts etc.
Editor’s Note: AIIMS Delhi Jobs Lifesciences, Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.