IISER Kolkata Bioinformatics & Biophysics JRF Recruitment
IISER Kolkata Bioinformatics & Biophysics JRF Recruitment. MSc Biophysics or Bioinformatics Junior Research Fellow (JRF) job at IISER Kolkata. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This job expires in
Name of the Post – Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Posts – 01
Name of the Project – Response of diverse protein states to thermodynamic extremes: Computational investigations of the pressure-temperature stability
Name of the PI – Dr Neelanjana Sengupta, Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Biological Science, IISER Kolkata.
Funding Agency – Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
Age Limit – Not more than 28 years as of 31st March 2022.
Tenure – 12 months, with the possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Funding agency – Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
How to Apply –
Eligible candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), self-attested copies of mark sheets and certificates from Std. XII onwards, and a brief covering letter explaining their motivation and academic plan for the next 5 years, via email ONLY to email@example.com.
- Subject Line (another subject line may not be considered) – Application for JRF (SERB) position
- All information should be compiled, zipped and attached to the application email.
- Individually attached documents are not acceptable.
- The full contact information (address, mobile number, landline number if any) should be provided with the CV.
Last date for receiving applications – January 20th, 2021
Interview – Short-listed applicants will be invited (via email) for an online oral interview
Conditions – The candidate has to make logistics provision for the online interviews. The decision of the selection committee will be final. The selected candidate may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of tenure if performance to date is not deemed satisfactory.
Research Work – The research work involves the use of thermodynamics, statistical mechanics and advanced computer simulation methodologies to study biomolecular systems under extreme thermodynamic conditions.
Salary – A maximum amount of Rs. 31,000 per month + HRA
Basic Eligibility Criteria –
- M.Sc or equivalent degree, in either Physics, Chemistry, Biophysics or Bioinformatics, with a minimum of 65% marks, or minimum CGPA of 8.0.
- Qualification in at least one of these exams – CSIR-UGC NET (incl. LS); GATE; national-level exams conducted by DST/DBT/DAE/DOS/DRDO/MHRD/ICAR/ICMR/IIT/IISc/IISER.
Additional experience (highly desirable) – Experience in computational biophysics; Strong desire to continue as a PhD student.
Editor’s Note: IISER Kolkata Bioinformatics & Biophysics JRF Recruitment. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.