WII Biological Sciences Project Fellow Jobs, Applications Invited
MSc Wildlife Science/ Botany/ Zoology/ Forestry/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Biological Sciences project fellow jobs at Wildlife Institute of India. WII Biological Sciences Project Fellow Jobs, Applications Invited. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This job expires in
Wildlife Institute of India
(An Autonomous Institution of Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change,
Government of India)
Chandrabani, DehraDun- 248001, India
EPBAX: 0135-2646471, FAX: 2640117
Website: www.wii.gov.in Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of the Post – Project Fellow
No. of Posts – 02
Project Name – Tiger Recovery Strategy & Long-term Monitoring in Sahyadri Tiger Reserve, Maharashtra
Location of Project sites – Sahyadri Tiger Reserve (Maharashtra), adjoining region Maharashtra and WII, Dehradun
Age Limit – 35 years
Duration Till – 31st March 2022
General Conditions –
Mode of Selection and other conditions –
- The selection of the candidates will be in accordance with the performance in the interview and in order of merit as decided by the Selection Committee. All original documents should be produced at the time of the interview. The decision of the Institute’s Committee in all matters relating to eligibility, work experience, acceptance or rejection of the application will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained from any individual.
- The candidates are required to submit their completed application forms in PDF format, with accompanying attachments (proof of research experience, publications etc.), by email (with subject line mentioning the name of the project to email@example.com not later than 1700 hrs on 27-10-2021.
- Application forms need to be typed according to the prescribed format and must be
accompanied by: (a) Scanned copies of educational qualifications, and (b) Scanned copies of experience letter/ certificate.
- The applications received after the deadline will be rejected by the Institute.
- The shortlisted candidates will be notified (through email and website notification) for an online personal interview by 29-10-2021. The online interview will be held on 01-11-2021 from 1000 hrs onwards.
- At the time of verification of original documents, if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to willfully conceal, misrepresent, or canvass the facts, his/her candidature will not be considered.
- The positions advertised are purely temporary/ contractual.
- Relaxation in age will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
- After the announcement of the results, the candidate should join the project immediately.
- The Director, WII reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for an interview. The selection to the aforesaid post will be on the basis of a personal interview which will be conducted by a duly constituted Selection Committee. However, if the number of applications received for a particular post(s) is large, then Institute reserves the right to lay down any criteria for the purpose of shortlisting of the candidates for interview
Essential Qualification (EQ) –
- Master’s Degree in Wildlife Science/ Botany/ Zoology/ Forestry/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Biological Sciences with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
- (2 Years’ experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services.
Desirable Qualification (DQ) –
Experience/interest in (a) Occupancy sampling, (b) Camera trapping, (c) Spatial analysis using Remote Sensing and GIS tools; (d) Vegetation survey and analyses; (e) Radiotelemetry; (f) Socio-economic survey for participatory management and ecosystem services (g) Data management and statistical analyses.
Scope of work –
- Ecological surveys include camera trapping, sign surveys and line transect.
- Landscape analyses to map corridors and evaluate ecosystem services of the region.
- Participation in ongoing prey augmentation efforts offers research-based guidance to the forest department in prey capture, release, and post-release monitoring.
- Developing a plan for landscape research and management in the Sahyadri-Tillari corridor/region.
Emoluments – (i) Rs. 28000/- + HRA pm.
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: WII Biological Sciences Project Fellow Jobs, Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.