MACS ARI Pune Scientist Recruitment With Up To Rs. 1.7 Lakh pm Pay
MACS ARI Pune Scientist Recruitment With Up To Rs. 1.7 Lakh pm Pay. MSc Botany/ Mycology / Plant Pathology/ Life Sciences Scientist vacancies for eligible candidates. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details on the Scientist posts given below:
This job expires in –
No. Rect.P/ 01/2021
RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTISTS
MACS-Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) an autonomous Institute of the Department of
Science and Technology (DST), the Government of India is committed to the promotion of science and technology with emphasis on high standards of research and development activities for the benefit of humankind and the nation. The current research activities encompass biological sciences and focus on six thematic areas Biodiversity & Palaeobiology, Bioenergy, Bioprospecting, Developmental Biology, Genetics & Plant Breeding and Nanobioscience.
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for filling up of 8 posts of Scientists on direct recruitment basis in the Agharkar Research Institute, Pune as per details given below
Age Limit – The upper age limit for direct recruits shall be 35 years in case of Scientist ‘B’, 40 years for Scientist ‘C’ and 45 years forScientist ‘E’ as on the closing date for receipt of applications. The upper age limit is relaxable for Government Servants up to five years in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government. Any other relaxation in the age limit shall be in accordance with orders issued by the Central Government from time to time.
Note: The crucial date for determining the age limit and eligibility shall be the closing date for the submission of applications.
General Terms –
- The number of posts to be filled may vary. The Institute also reserves the right to cancel
the recruitment without assigning any reason.
- The vacancies for the post of Scientist ‘C’ & ‘E’ is outside the purview of reservation.
- For applications, a non-refundable application fee of Rs.500/- (except SC/ST and women
candidates) to be paid online through https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm or link available on Institute Website http://www.aripune.org (Pay application fees on SBI Collect under Announcements). The candidate should attach the receipt of online payment of fees and indicate the online receipt number in the application form. The Institute is not responsible for any incomplete/pending/failed transactions of online application fee payments and they may contact the concerned bank in this regard.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWS should submit the latest copy of Cast
Certificate/Certificates and candidates who claim concession/ relaxation being differently
abled and other categories of candidates need to bring relevant certificates issued by the
Competent Authority in the prescribed proforma applicable for reservation/concession of
jobs under the Government of India including all the certificates supporting having
acquired their equivalent educational qualification at the time of the Interview.
- For the post at Sr. No. 4 for Scientist B-Genetics & Plant Breeding Group, the vacancy is
under ICAR All India Coordinated Soybean Improvement Project at Hol & Songaon farm,
Tal- Baramati, Dist Pune. The said appointment is on a contract basis initially for one year and extendable every year based on ICAR Project tenure which shall be coterminous with the ICAR Project.
- There will be a probation period of Two years for Scientist B and one year for Scientist ‘E’
& ‘C’ post, which may be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
- The pay and allowances & other benefits include NPS, Medical reimbursement, LTC etc.
are presently admissible as per rules of the Institute/Funding agencies. Candidates selected will be governed under NPS Rules.
- The experience requirement specified should be the experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
- All educational, professional and technical qualifications should be from a recognized
- The applicants are advised to visit the Institute’s website www.aripune.org regularly.
Any addendum/corrigendum or any update regarding the recruitment process shall be
posted only on the Institute’s website.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit applications in a prescribed format much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date. Candidates applying for more than one post are required to submit a separate application for each post.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for an interview. The consideration of qualifications as equivalent to the essential and desirable qualifications stated above shall be the discretion of the relevant committee constituted for scrutinizing the applications. If the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large, the Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit through a shortlisting process based on a well-defined criterion which may include possessing desirable qualifications and/or experience more than that prescribed in the advertisement and/or qualifications/ experience in a particular field as per the specific requirement of the Department. A reserve panel of candidates in order of merit will be prepared from the candidates called for interview which will remain valid for a period of one year from the date of interview. The panel can be utilized to fill up vacancies arising as advertised as well as vacancies that might arise/ may have arisen subsequent to the date of publication of this advertisement due to any reason like retirement/resignation/death etc.
- Details of SCI Journal publications: Candidates are expected to submit a list of journal
publications along with copies of 4 best papers authored by them in the last 5 years
chronologically listing: Names of authors, the title of the paper, Name of the Journal,
Volume, Pages (From-to), Year, citation count, the impact factor of the journal etc.
- Incomplete/partially filled application forms will not be considered.
- Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this
advertisement and or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Pune and courts at Pune only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any such cause/dispute.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates who are not called for interview /
selected for appointment.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification of candidature.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid to and fro second class rail/sleeper
class rail fare by the shortest route.
- The selected candidates are liable to serve anywhere in India and abroad.
- The Last date for submission of the duly filled application together with all enclosures is 13th December 2021.
How to Apply –
- Candidates fulfilling the above conditions may apply in the prescribed format attached below, along with self-attested copies of qualifications, certificates, Passport size photograph, a certificate issued by competent authorities and send it to ‘The Director, Agharkar Research Institute, Gopal Ganesh Agarkar Road, Pune – 411 004 (MH)’ on or before 13/12/2021. The envelope should be superscribed as “Application for the post of Scientist__(Discipline)”. Candidates must carefully go through the advertisement before filling the application form. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that they follow the instructions while filling the application. Candidate must ensure to attach clear legible certificates/documents while sending hard copy of the application. Attaching illegible/incorrect certificates/documents may lead to rejection of the candidature.
- Note: Experience/employment certificates for work/research work must clearly indicate the date of joining, date of relieving post held and pay scale.
- Candidates working in Government Departments / Public Sector Undertakings /
Autonomous Organizations should submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the
competent authority of the organization they are serving, in the format specified at
Annexure-I. It is the responsibility of such candidates to ensure that they obtain NOC from their Department/organization within time to submit the same with the application form.
- Copies of certificates in support of educational qualifications, date of birth, Disability,
Community (in case of SC/ST/OBC/EWS candidates only) and experience should be
submitted with the application. Candidates will have to produce the original certificates
as and when required.
Job Name: Scientist- ‘C’
No. of Posts – One (01)
The scale of Pay – Level-11 in the Pay Matrix Rs.67700-208700 (Pre-revised Rs. 15600-
39100 plus Grade Pay Rs.6600/-)
Nature of Post – Permanent
Discipline – Biodiversity & Paleobiology (Fungi)
(i) 1st class Master Degree in Botany/ Mycology / Plant Pathology/ Life Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
(ii) 4 years of R&D experience in the required areas as evidenced by publication in journals of repute after obtaining an academic degree.
(i) PhD in Life Sciences
(ii) Post-doctoral experience in the relevant area of research
(iii) Working experience in field exploration and collection of higher fungi and their selective isolation into the pure culture and herbarium preparation.
(iv) Sound knowledge in phenotypic characterization of higher fungi and in the latest development in systematics, classification and taxonomy of fungi.
(v) Working experience in sequence-based molecular identification of fungi.
(vi) Experience in bioprospecting of higher fungi/ isolation of secondary metabolites/ enzymes and their various applications
(vii) Publications in journals (with JCR impact factor) and/or Patents to support the research experience in the relevant area(s).
Job Name: Scientist- ‘B’
No. of Posts – One (01)
The scale of Pay – Level-10 in the Pay Matrix Rs.56100-177500 (Pre-revised Rs.15600-39100 plus Grade Pay Rs.5400/-)
Nature of Post – Temporary and Co-terminus with the ICAR project [see Sr. No. (v) of General Terms]
Discipline – Genetics & Plant Breeding.
Under ICAR All India Coordinated Soybean Improvement Project at Experimental farms at Hol & Songaon, TalBaramati, Dist Pune.
Essential – 1st class Master Degree with specialization in Genetics & Plant Breeding in Agriculture or Botany or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
(i) PhD in any of the above subjects
(ii) 5 years research experience in Plant Breeding work (both field and research laboratory) on crops like soybean/legumes/field crops, etc., as evidenced by varietal developmental and release.
(iii) Knowledge of conducting field experimental trials under ICAR-AICRP coordinated projects for varietal evaluation and procedures like hybridization, germplasm maintenance, etc. in soybean/legumes/field crops.
(iv) Ability to maintain pure seed and large scale seed production.
(v) Data collection and analysis of experiments using computer software.
(vi) Experience of use of conventional and molecular tools in plant breeding.
(vii) Experience in farm operations in rural areas and knowledge of the local language
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: MACS ARI Pune Scientist Recruitment With Up To Rs. 1.7 Lakh pm Pay. MACS ARI Pune Scientist Recruitment 2021. MACS ARI Pune Scientist Recruitment. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.