ICMR-NIMR Project Assistant Job – Life Sciences, Biotech & Microbiology
ICMR-NIMR Project Assistant Job – Life Sciences, Biotech & Microbiology. ICMR-NIMR Life Science/ Biotechnology/Microbiology research job vacancy. ICMR-NIMR New Delhi Project Assistant vacancy, check details on the same below:
This job expires in :
ICMR- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MALARIA RESEARCH
INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH (DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH RESEARCH)
SECTOR-8, DWARKA, NEW DELHI- 110077, INDIA
Tel:+91-11-25307103, 25307104, 25361092, 25361093
website: www.nimr.org.in, nimr.icmr.org.in.
VACANCY NOTIFICATION FOR CONTRACTUAL POSTS
Advt. No. :NIMR/Proj/AA/110/21/36
Online applications are invited in the prescribed format available on the websites of ICMR-NIMR, through link http://onlineapply.nimr.org.in/ up to 05:00 PM by 08th October 2021 for filling up the following posts under the project entitled below on contractual basis at ICMR – NIMR, NIE Campus, 2nd Main Road, TNHB, Ayapakkam, Chennai – 600077. After the screening of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview.
Name of the Post: Project Assistant
No. of Posts: 01- UR
Name of the Project: ‘Asymptomatic and low-density malaria parasite infection in the community and its transmission potential in Chennai, Ramanathapuram, Kanyakumari and
Dharmapuri districts in Tamil Nadu, India’
Place of Posting: ICMR – NIMR, NIE Campus, Chennai
Duration: One year, extendable based on performance and project extension.
Age: 30 Years.
PROCEDURE FOR RECRUITMENT:
- Candidates meeting the age criteria and possessing the required qualifications,
experience, etc. can fill the Application Form through the link
http://onlineapply.nimr.org.in/ up to 05:00 PM on 08th October 2021 after that link will disable automatically.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed about the interview via e-mail or candidates
may check our website for updates related to the advertisement.
- Shortlisting of candidates for interviews shall be done on basis of educational qualification and experience. However, if the number of shortlisted candidates is high and it is not feasible to call all of them, the appointing authority may fix suitable criteria for shortlisting the candidates.
- The selection of Candidates will be based on their performance in the interview.
- Candidates have to submit the duly self-attested copies of proof of their age, educational
qualifications, experiences, testimonials etc. at the time of joining if selected.
- Selected candidates have to bring all the documents as mentioned above in Original for
Terms and Conditions:
- Incomplete applications, applications not submitted in prescribed format and applications without supportive documents asked for, shall be summarily rejected.
- Submission of incorrect or false information shall disqualify the candidature at any stage
of the recruitment process.
- A separate application should be submitted for each post if applying for more than one
- The benefit of Provident Fund, Leave Travel Concession, Medical claim, CCA etc. will
not be available to the project employee.
- Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from a reputed
institution/organization recognized by the competent authority.
- The experience will be counted only after completion of the minimum essential educational qualification prescribed for the post.
- Cutoff date for age limit will be considered as on the last date of submission of
- No age relaxation shall be admissible against the unreserved vacancy as per Govt. of
- Age relaxation against post earmarked reserved candidates will be as per GoI norms.
- Reserved category candidates must produce their latest valid caste certificate as per
instructions issued by the DopT/GoI.
- The Director, NIMR has the right to accept/ reject any application without assigning any reason thereof and no correspondence/recommendation will be entertained in this matter
- The Director, NIMR reserves the right to fill up or not fill up any of the posts advertised on the website.
- Candidates have to submit the duly self-attested copies of proof of their age, educational qualifications, experiences, testimonials etc. at the time of joining if selected.
- Canvassing and bringing outside influence in any form for shortlisting or employment
will be treated as disqualification and the candidate will be debarred from the selection
- Mere fulfilling the essential qualification/experience does not guarantee shortlisting and selection.
- Since the posts are filled up on a purely temporary and contractual basis, the candidate will have no right to claim any type of regular/permanent employment under ICMRNIMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
- The Director, ICMR-NIMR reserves the right to prepare/frame a panel of the waitlist
candidates which shall be valid for one year.
- No TA/DA will be paid to attend the interview or joining the post and candidates should
make his/her own arrangement for stay for the duration of the interview as well after joining the post, in case of selection.
- Candidates already in regular service under any central/state govt/ Autonomous/ dept/PSU are not eligible to apply.
- Selected candidates will be granted Leave as per ICMR guidelines.
- The selected candidate shall be engaged initially for the duration offered and may continue further after reviewing on the basis of his/her performance and depending upon the tenure of the project, availability of funds, functional requirement.
- Any Addendum/Corrigendum in respect of above vacancies, notice shall be issued on
websites https://main.icmr.nic.in/ and https://nimr.icmr.org.in/ only and no separate
notification shall be issued in the press. Applicants are requested to regularly visit the
websites (https://main.icmr.nic.in/ and https://nimr.icmr.org.in/.) to keep themselves
- The advertisement and the application link is available on website
https://main.icmr.nic.in/ and https://nimr.icmr.org.in/.
Consolidated Emoluments: Rs. 31,000/-
Essential Qualification: Graduate in science/relevant subjects/ from a recognized university with three years work experience from a recognized institution OR Master’s degree in the relevant subject from a recognized university.
- M.Sc. in Life Science/ Biotechnology/Microbiology/ Public Health Entomology with field
experience in vector surveillance and/or laboratory works pertaining to vector biological studies.
- Knowledge of Computer applications/tablet data recording.
- Willingness to work in the field in remote areas as well as laboratories.
- Fluency in English with scientific communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active involvement in the collection of blood samples and enrol participants in
community cross-sectional study in 4 endemic districts (Chennai Ramanathapuram, Dharmapuri and Kanyakumari) in Tamil Nadu.
- To involve in molecular detection of low-density malaria parasites in the community in all the 4 endemic districts/sites.
- To involve in the membrane feeding bioassay of low-density malaria parasites in mosquito vectors.
- To involve in the studies of parasite development in vector mosquitoes to record oocysts (infection) and sporozoite (infectivity) development.
- To involve in laboratory works such as DNA extraction and PCR.
- Data cleaning, and assisting in report writing.
- Any other project-related work assigned by PI/Director.
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: ICMR-NIMR Project Assistant Job – Life Sciences, Biotech & Microbiology. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram