SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING RESEARCH BOARD (SERB)
Department of Science & Technology
Government of India
Pre-call Notification for IRHPA Proposal
SERB will invite a call for proposals under Intensification of Research in High Priority Areas (IRHPA) to establish SERB National Biosafety Level Facilities. These (A)BSL-3 and BSL-4 facilities established in different regions of the country will provide state-of-the-art biosafety facilities for research and diagnostics work on highly infectious microbes, such as Mycobacterium tuberculosis, encephalitis virus, SARS-CoV-1, SARS-CoV2, MERS-CoV, and Chikungunya, which are the etiologic agents for a number of diseases posing grave public health risk.
This competitive IRHPA research call, open to academic institutions, research laboratories and medical universities, will be launched soon and complete details will be made available at the SERB website (www.serb.gov.in) and through the social media for wider participation.
The Intensification of Research in High Priority Areas (IRHPA) program of Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) supports proposals in high priority areas where multidisciplinary / multi-institutional expertise is required which will put our nation in international science map in that particular discipline. The Scheme is designed to provide major support to a few selected areas of research that have high priority from the viewpoint of advances in fundamental science and that can be of great significance for scientific and technological development. SERB identifies the priority areas and makes a national call for seeking proposals. The necessary facilities required for implementing the identified high priority areas will be supported through this scheme.
The project will be set up around established research groups led by a Principal Investigator (PI) with at least two co-PIs of complementary expertise from different departments / institutes to transform the program truly interdisciplinary and multi institutional. The duration of the project is normally for a period of 5 years.
Who Can Submit
Scientist in regular service from academic and research institutions in India can submit a proposal under this scheme. For specific guidelines, Please refer IRPHA notification call for proposals in specific areas
When and How to Submit
The proposal should be submitted online only, through the website www.serbonline.in. The format, guidelines and other details of the scheme are available in the same website. No hard copy of the proposal will be accepted.
Areas of Research Support
In the current year, R&D proposals are solicited in the following areas:
- SERB Centre for Energy Transformation and Storage (Call is open)
- SERB National Bio-safety level facilities (pre-call announcement is made)
Components of Grant
The component of the grant is similar to other project submitted to SERB. However, the amount of grant is higher than regular projects. The duration of the project is 5 years. The host institute should have a sustainability plan to continue the research activities beyond the normal duration of 5 years. The commitment of the Institute should be specified in the proposal.
Mechanism of Implementation and Monitoring
The proposals submitted for support are peer-reviewed by experts in the area. A specific expert committee will evaluate the proposals. SERB board takes the final decision following its appraisal and approval mechanisms. The sanctioned projects will be monitored through Management Advisory Committee constituted for this purpose.
Instructions for Online Application
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- The principal Investigator (PI) should first register on the online website. Click here to register
- After successful registration, the user will be sent a confirmation mail on the registered email id. The user must click on the URL provided in the mail to confirm registration.
- After log-in, Principal Investigator (PI) is required to fill all the mandatory fields in the Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- Ensure that all CO-PI’s in your proposal are registered into the system and has filled the Profile Detail section under User Profile which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address, etc.
- Some of the details of your proposal like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Manpower, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information of the proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical documents (OTD). Download Template
- Documents required (in PDF) should be in prescribed format:
See Pre-Call Notification Below
Editor’s Note: SERB Pre-call Notification for IRHPA Proposal. SERB Pre-call Notification for IRHPA Proposal 2021. SERB Pre-call Notification for IRHPA Proposal. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.