PhD Admissions Dec 2020 at Institute of Life Sciences (ILS)
PhD Admissions Dec 2020 at Institute of Life Sciences (ILS). M.Sc. / M.Tech. / M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) candidates can apply for the Ph.D. Admission Dec 2020 at ILS.
This call expires in :
INSTITUTE OF LIFE SCIENCES
(An Autonomous Institute under the Dept. of Biotechnology,
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar 751023, India
Advt. No.: 10/2020
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research welcomes applications from Indian nationals for Ph.D. programs.
The name of the faculties who are interested in taking students through regular Ph.D. program of ILS is listed below with their research interest/project. The candidates are strongly encouraged to check out ILS web page for detailed info regarding the research activities of the respective faculties.
Category I (Life Sciences)
|Name of the Faculty||Area of Interest|
|Dr. Anshuman Dixit||Understanding protein-protein interactions and their modulation in cancer|
|Dr. Santosh Chauhan||Cell biology of cancer and infectious diseases|
|Dr. Arun Nagaraj||Plasmodium Biology & Vector-Parasite Interactions|
|Dr. Gulam Hussain Syed||Molecular Mechanisms underlying Dengue disease pathogenesis|
|Dr. P.V. Ramchander||Identification and characterization of genes/mutations in human genetic disorders (Human/Medical Genetics)|
|Dr. Tushar Kant Beuria||Understanding bacterial cell division and target it for development of novel
|Dr. Shantibhusan Senapati||Immunomodulators for cancer therapy|
|Dr. Rupesh Dash||Understanding the molecular mechanism of therapy resistance in Oral Cancer|
|Dr. Soumen Chakraborty||Role of RNA binding proteins and transcription factors in leukemia|
|Dr. Rajeeb Swain||Understanding the development and function of kidney using zebrafish as a model|
|Dr. Sandip K. Mishra||Defining the network of Estrogen related receptor (ERR) beta in Tamoxifen sensitive
and Tamoxifen resistant Breast Cancer
|Dr. N Dey||Shuffling of endogenous promoter sequences using CRISPR-Cas9|
|Dr. Narottam Acharya||Screening of genetically modified Candida albicans strains for antifungal vaccine
|Dr. Amol Suryawanshi||Clinical proteomics for understanding diseases and biology|
- Applicants need to have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences as well as allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or comparable grade point). Applicants waiting for final results may also apply,
however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will certainly not be interviewed.
- Applicants must have additionally qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMR-JRF or DST INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certification is not available, the applicant has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, in addition to the application. Candidates having valid fellowship will certainly be preferred.
- The applicant needs to be below 28 years in age, as on 31st December 2020. Age relaxation of 5 years in the case of SC/ST/women/ PH candidates, as well as 3 years when it comes to OBC candidates, will certainly be given (according to Govt. of
Category II (Bioinformatics)
|Name of the Faculty||Area of Interest|
|Dr. Anshuman Dixit||Identification of RNA signatures for early diagnosis of oral cancer using OMICS based
|Dr. Amaresh Ch. Panda||Exploring coding circular RNAs: from waste to treasure|
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point). Applicants awaiting final results may additionally apply. However, if shortlisted, they need to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates ought to have additionally qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF/CSIR/ UGC- lectureship/UGC-RGNF/ICMR-JRF/ DBTJRF/GATE/GPAT/ ICAR-NET or comparable national examination. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate needs to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, together with the application. Candidates with knowledge of programming such as Perl, Python, R, etc. or prior bioinformatics work experience and/or high-throughput sequencing data analysis experience would certainly be favoured. Candidates ought to send one page write up explaining their bioinformatics research experience.
- The applicant ought to be below 28 years in age, as on 31st December 2020. Age relaxation of five years in the case of SC/ST/women/ PH candidates, as well as three years when it comes to OBC applicants, will certainly be given (as per Govt. of India rules).
Applicants except for SC/ST/ physically handicapped are needed to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs. 500/-. The bank details: Beneficiary name: Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Account No: 450502010006285, Bank: Union Bank of India, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar; IFS Code: UBIN0545058.
The fellowship as well as various other emoluments will be according to the guidelines of the financing agencies – SERB/DST/DBT/ CSIR/ICMR and also as revised from time to time.
To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to sleeper class will certainly be paid to all the candidates appearing for the interview.
Interested and qualified applicants might fill-up the prescribed application as available in ILS web site (www.ils.res.in). Duly filled-up application along with self-attested scanned copies of all pertinent certificates as well as copy of proof of payment ought to be sent out to the [email protected] as one pdf document on or prior to 31.12.2020 (05.00 PM). There needs to be one attachment per candidate. Applications received after the last date will certainly not be accepted. The application ought to be sent with the subject “Application for Ph.D. Program” stating category I or II for which candidate is applying for.
List of applicants selected for the interview will be published on the Institute website (www.ils.res.in).
Application to ILS-Ph. D. program does not automatically guarantee that an applicant will certainly be shortlisted for interview. Director, ILS reserves the right to withdraw the procedure without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Last date of receiving applications: 31st December 2020.
- Date of display of short-listed applicants as well as for instructions in the Institute website: 10th January 2021.
- Tentative date of interview: 2nd week of February 2021. The final date of interview will be confirmed when the list of short-listed candidates is displayed in the ILS website.
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: PhD Admissions Dec 2020 at Institute of Life Sciences (ILS). Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.